Carry-on baggage question

Schplinky or Ottawapuppy, I absolutely love your web page with all the great info, photos, reviews, etc...! Maybe you can help me with this question... (or anyone else for that matter). We, too, have decided that for 3-nights, we're going to take the big, scary step of limiting ourselves to carry-on baggage only. (Partially because our flight is a little too close to sailing and we would like to avoid ANY kind of delays, partially because we're just cheap enough to be irritated at having to pay to check even one bag.)

You mentioned that you still had to wait for your bags to be delivered to your cabin. If they're carry-on, can't we just carry them on? If not, do I have to try to cram my swimsuit into my purse? LOL

Also, you mentioned the 48-hour advance reservations for the specialty restaurants for balcony passengers. Is this only once you're on the ship? or can we call in advance for a reservation on our first night onboard?

Thanks!

ee

Schplinky or Ottawapuppy, I absolutely love your web page with all the great info, photos, reviews, etc...! Maybe you can help me with this question... (or anyone else for that matter). We, too, have decided that for 3-nights, we're going to take the big, scary step of limiting ourselves to carry-on baggage only. (Partially because our flight is a little too close to sailing and we would like to avoid ANY kind of delays, partially because we're just cheap enough to be irritated at having to pay to check even one bag.)

You mentioned that you still had to wait for your bags to be delivered to your cabin. If they're carry-on, can't we just carry them on? If not, do I have to try to cram my swimsuit into my purse? LOL

Also, you mentioned the 48-hour advance reservations for the specialty restaurants for balcony passengers. Is this only once you're on the ship? or can we call in advance for a reservation on our first night onboard?

Thanks!

ee

You should be able to carry your carry on luggage with you with no trouble. I have never known them to force you to check carry ons. As far as the 48 hour reservation thing, that just means that if you are in a BA or above you can make reservations as far out as 48 hours. You can make reservations the same day, if seating is still available. What you would probably want to do is to try to be the first on board and go immediately to the front desk and have them direct you to where they are actually taking the reservations and make yours for that night as soon as possible. I do not know of a way you can make them until you are actually onboard.

sounds like they did carry-on for flight, but checked the bags for the cruise?

i like carrying on my personal stuff and a day's change...you can carry on more. not sure the size of the x-ray machine when you enter the ship.

some people carry-on all their luggage. but, yes, you can carry-on, just remember, if you cabin isn't ready...you may be hauling the stuff around until they announce you can go to your cabin. last cruise, they weren't letting people walk the halls, we had to wait. the cruise before the cabin was ready.

no way to make dinner reservations before the cruise...everything is done on the ship.

We took our carry-on with us onto the ship and to the cabin. We had packed three days worth of clothing-good thing-our luggage didn't arrive for 5 days! This was in Europe and while in France I bought a pair of briefs and a pair of socks....total cost 48 Euros or $74.88!!!!

Archived