5 in a carnival cabin????

azkcruizers

Found this picture :

cabin.jpg

This is a pic of our cabin (9252) on the Triumph last month. When we first arrived the cabin steward had the beds pulled apart (so there was one twin under each of the bunks). DH & I looked @ each other :confused:, our steward looked at us and then I asked him to please put the bottom ones together. When we got back from dinner/show, this is what it looked like. Truth be told, the 1st arrangement worked better because each bunk had it's own ladder but we didn't wanna ask him to undo it nor did we do it ourselves. LOL

They stayed this way all week & my niece just had to climb up dd's bunk ladder and then hop over to hers. :p

I have booked the same cabin (9252) on the Triumph in January! Did you like staying on the Lido Deck? Did you hear any loud noises coming from the deck? Do you have anymore pictures? Thanks!

I am sorry I forgot to take a good pic of the 5 person set up on the Inspiration.

I will tell you, that while it was "doable" on the Victory, it was Torture on the Inspiration! I was glad it was only for five days.

We had an Ocean View room (185 sq feet). The 2 beds were put together for king, and one of the upper bunks was right over our heads. The other upper bunk was across the way, and the roll away was on the floor. At night, it was physical gymnastics to get on my side of the bed.. and with little ones asleep, it was not easy!

The difference between the Fantasy Class (185 sq ft) ocean view and the Destiny/Conquest Class (220 sq feet) makes all the difference.

Catrin

He Glory Would Not Allow Me To Put 5 In A Cabin Earlier This Year Then When I Bokked The Destiny Of R This Year In Nov. I Was Told It Was Allowed On The Glory I H Ad Two Room On Spa Desk That Connected It Awsome But Also Cost Plenty I Know I Will Have Less Room In My Ov On The Destiny We Will See How It Works Dw And 14 Year Old Triplets

My upcoming Inspiration cruise I had booked a OV Cabin with one upper bunk. We decided to add another person and was told that we would have to give up our OV room and take an interior cabin with two upper bunks. I can't understand why they couldn't just put a roll away in the room as some of you have previously posted. I was told by the TA that it can't be done. I thought all cabins on Carnival were pretty much the same size. :(

Actually each ship has a "list" of what cabin #'s on each deck will take the rollaway. They will only add the rollaway into those cabins. They are limited. So in your case, all the OV cabins in your category that could take the rollaway were booked.

To all others, the connecting cabins are wonderful! My 2 sons just had one connecting to my Mom our cruise a couple of weeks ago.

I gave my group $100 OBC so the price was the same if they had booked as 3rd and 4th persons or had their own cabin! Even if you dont have OBC, the price is usually not that much more to get connecting cabins over 4/5 in one cabin!

I personally wonder why they didnt add more of these during evolutions of fun upgrades. They did add some, but few. They are very requested, book ealry to get one!

Thanks Don,

We slept 5 to a cabin for our daughter's 13 birthday cruise a year or so ago on Carnival Sensation, and the ocean view definantly saved my sanity. That being said, it was tight.

Because it was a shorter, cheaper (plus our 1st family cruise), I didn't mind the squeeze. The next one we did get two cabins though with our youngest making it a family of six. :D

I would not want to be near your cabin if you plan on playing in the hallway with your 2 y/o nephew while the others shower/get ready.

I was just thinking the same thing, and yes I do have a child. i Hate being woken up by the happy mind you screams of a small child running up and down the hall. Be sure to think of your other passengers :)

I would not want to be near your cabin if you plan on playing in the hallway with your 2 y/o nephew while the others shower/get ready.

I was just thinking the same thing, and yes I do have a child. i Hate being woken up by the happy mind you screams of a small child running up and down the hall.

I think that's the issue... there are a lot of folks with kids that don't think as you do... it's all about themselves... and anyone who says anything to them gets a loud spew of excuses... like "My child paid for this cruise too"... :cool:

I have what may be some silly questions. I have been waiting for someone to ask them so I didn’t have to. I am trying to finger out the best way to have our room set up for more space. There will be 5 of us in the room together-2 adults, 2 teen boys and a small 10yr. (if you have kids you know they don’t always get along the best):rolleyes: We have an OV room (on the Inspiration) that have the two drop down beds, the two beds that can be pushed together and a pull out. Ok so if you are not laughing now about the Sardine problem. Here goes the silly questions.;) Do the bed that push together make a King or a Queen? How do they stay together? Can someone sleep in the middle of the bed with out it splitting apart? I guess what I really need to know is if 3 people could sleep comfortably on the two beds that are pushed together. Or would we be better off leaving the 2 beds apart and having the pull out brought in. This is our first cruise and I want it to be as fun and comfortable as possible for everyone. Thanks in advances for you insight:)

When we had our Sensation Carnival cabin for 5 there were two beds pushed together, one above us (that laided flat against the wall when not in use), and two across from us against the opposite wall one over the other; bunk style.

I honestly don't think it matters much anyway you slice it. It's going to be tight. The ocean view will help a lot though. (It also helps to like each other) :D

Remember you will not be in the cabin most of the time, so go with the spirit of having a fun adventure, be flexible (literally) and enjoy!

. Ok so if you are not laughing now about the Sardine problem. Here goes the silly questions.;) Do the bed that push together make a King or a Queen? How do they stay together? Can someone sleep in the middle of the bed with out it splitting apart? I guess what I really need to know is if 3 people could sleep comfortably on the two beds that are pushed together. Or would we be better off leaving the 2 beds apart and having the pull out brought in. This is our first cruise and I want it to be as fun and comfortable as possible for everyone. Thanks in advances for you insight:)

Our beds were two twins pushed together..... and yes, it felt that way. THey are kept together, but you can still tell that they are two beds.

BTW>>

The best set up we had was the Victory. We were in a Queen Bed. THere was one upper bunk, a convertible couch, and a rollaway. Enough room for all.

Catrin

Archived