2 ships @ Half Moon Cay?

CarnivalCruzer

Not that often and if you check out porttime.com you can see which ships are in your ports when your ship is there. From what I see, it looks like the only time there is more then 1 ship at Half Moon Cay, they are both HAL and they can reserve the cabanas on line prior to the cruise.

I have read two reviews on CC regarding that there were other ships and that the reviewer could not get anywhere near a cabana... If i can only find it that would be great..

Best bet is go to the shore excursion desk immediately upon embarkation!

Good Luck!

i have not been in port with 2 ships. i have been there twice, and both times we were the only ship there, and i am going a 3rd (in november) and can't imagine that we wldn't be the only ship there.

with 2 ships you cld be talking about 6,000 people. there aren't enought chairs, clamshells, etc to accomodate that size from what i have seen. you also have to tender over (not dredged -- too shallow), and i think getting all of those people on and off of tenders for a same time in port visit wld be a logistical nightmare.

in addition, there is only one food pavillion. the crew brings the food over on the first tender, and i cannot imagine them trying to mesh food from 2 ships and feed 6,000 people.

this isn't to say that they won't overlap ship times at some point in the future, but i don't think it is happenning yet.

as far as cabana rentals, you get them on the ship. the only people that i am aware of who may pre book cabanas are groups (thru the group dept) and weddings (thru the special occasions (or whatever) dept). if you have a large group or groups, or a wedding onboad, it is correct that you may not be able to get one.

And the good news for the OP is that only the Liberty is showing at Half Moon on 10/19.

As Dafell said, they only schedule two ships when they are both HAL. And keep in mind the HAL ships hold fewer passengers, so even with two ships in port it is usually around 3700-3800 pax total. About the same as when the Liberty is in port.

And the good news for the OP is that only the Liberty is showing at Half Moon on 10/19.

As Dafell said, they only schedule two ships when they are both HAL. And keep in mind the HAL ships hold fewer passengers, so even with two ships in port it is usually around 3700-3800 pax total. About the same as when the Liberty is in port.

We were there with two HAL ships. It wasn't that bad, but then again, we had a cabana. The larger ship supplied the food for lunch.

HMC photo gallery

We are in Half Moon Cay on the Destiny in Nov. 09 and according to the website that shows ships in port that a HAL ship will be at Half Moon Cay with us. HAL will have first choice on the Cabanas, Clam Shells. They also arrive before us so I am sure all beach chairs will be taken also. We are really disappointed. Nov 09 is still a long way off so maybe port days will change!

Archived