Port parking in Miami $20 per day

It has been over a year since I have been to the Port of Miami, to find out that the parking rates at the port is $20 a day for a 7 day cruise $140 which it expensive. I read some reviews of the off sites in Miami and frankly it worried me by the negative reviews of the garage.

So what to do, I looked up car rentals since we live in ft lauderdale. Hertz $83 for one way even with a discount so that was out.

I read some hotels charge $10 a day if you do not stay there but there is a charge to drive to the port. $12.50 per person..I was really getting somewhat discourage until I locked into Thrifty. Pick up at ft lauderdale drop off at the Miami airport, free shuttle to and from the airport to the Port and return to Ft Lauderdale $83 including taxes etc. I checked twice to make sure they drop you off at the port and pick you up and they do.

Decided to book it did not feel I could of done any better then that and wanted to pass it along .

It has been over a year since I have been to the Port of Miami, to find out that the parking rates at the port is $20 a day for a 7 day cruise $140 which it expensive. I read some reviews of the off sites in Miami and frankly it worried me by the negative reviews of the garage.

So what to do, I looked up car rentals since we live in ft lauderdale. Hertz $83 for one way even with a discount so that was out.

I read some hotels charge $10 a day if you do not stay there but there is a charge to drive to the port. $12.50 per person..I was really getting somewhat discourage until I locked into Thrifty. Pick up at ft lauderdale drop off at the Miami airport, free shuttle to and from the airport to the Port and return to Ft Lauderdale $83 including taxes etc. I checked twice to make sure they drop you off at the port and pick you up and they do.

Decided to book it did not feel I could of done any better then that and wanted to pass it along .

I don't know what size car you are renting but I checked carrentals.com and the cheapest car for a 24 hr rental is $22 plus tax with drop off at Miami airport. It was for Thrifty also. So check it out.

I don't know what size car you are renting but I checked carrentals.com and the cheapest car for a 24 hr rental is $22 plus tax with drop off at Miami airport. It was for Thrifty also. So check it out.

Rates are generally a bit higher when it's a one-way rental. The OP may be giving a price that includes both way rentals as well.

We've done this when flying into LAX and don't have a ride home. It has cost us less than a shuttle sometimes.

I'm contemplating the long term (off site) parking at the airport. Or a park, sleep, and fly hotel.

Then take a cab to the pier $24 plus tip. We are on a 10 niter so parking would be $200

Rates are generally a bit higher when it's a one-way rental. The OP may be giving a price that includes both way rentals as well.

We've done this when flying into LAX and don't have a ride home. It has cost us less than a shuttle sometimes.

The price I quoted was for one way rental. I put in pu Sat. with drop off on Sun. and then pu on Sun. and dropoff on Mon. Fll and Mia.

I sail out of Miami 4-5 times a year and have often tried to figure out ways to not pay their ridiculous $20 a day fee. But the convenience always won out and I just parked there and paid the fee. The price difference and hassles involved in parking somewhere else isn't worth it to me and they won! :(

The price I quoted was for one way rental. I put in pu Sat. with drop off on Sun. and then pu on Sun. and dropoff on Mon. Fll and Mia.

I checked the time frame for the end of November on the web site that was listed and it was $41 and that did not include taxes etc price was $54 each way. So not sure where that $22 came from unless it was for the Summer-Fall time frame.

I checked the time frame for the end of November on the web site that was listed and it was $41 and that did not include taxes etc price was $54 each way. So not sure where that $22 came from unless it was for the Summer-Fall time frame.

I didn't know when you sailed and used a weekend in Sept. November rates are high as I'm renting 2 minivans for family in November for Orlando.

I also agree with other posters for the difference in price the hassle is not worth that little bit of money in savings. You can't beat driving to a port and getting on ship without hassle of shuttles. JMHO

Oh and also you never did mention dates til now so if you were looking for input sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

I also live in Ft. Lauderdale and sail out of Miami. We like the convenience of parking in the garage, so that's what we've done.

We always do self disembarkation, so a couple times we left the ship so early that no one was at the booth leaving the garage. The gate was up, so everyone leaving the garage at the same time as us just drove right out without paying. :D And, no, I don't feel guilty. Let's just say, that is the perfect ending to a great cruise.

Archived