Millennium X - 8164 for Southbound AK?

ilovetexas

Can anyone give me an opinion on cabin 8164? I was originally excited as this is only our second cruise and we decided to get a balcony since it is Alaska. Unfortunately, this one is starboard, not port and I'm starting to worry since we are headed southbound. It's all they had left. We will be sandwiched in between a lot of cc cabins, so that's probably a good thing :D .

Also, I'm prone to motion sickness. I realize that getting a cabin this high up and this far back was not a good idea, but it's Alaska, I really didn't want to miss the scenery. Have I really messed up?

Don't worry too much about being starboard. You will want to be on deck when you are at Hubbard Glacier, running back and forth and inside and out. Just a little hint, if it is not too crowded try to get a seat on the ledge in the gym to view the glacier. I did my morning treadmill work in an almost empty gym while viewing the glacier last year.

You will not be sailing close enough to land to see much of anything unless you are on the repo sailing which stops at Sitka. That is the only place we were close enough to shore and then you could see land from either side of the ship.

Enjoy your cruise.

Can anyone give me an opinion on cabin 8164? I was originally excited as this is only our second cruise and we decided to get a balcony since it is Alaska. Unfortunately, this one is starboard, not port and I'm starting to worry since we are headed southbound. It's all they had left. We will be sandwiched in between a lot of cc cabins, so that's probably a good thing :D .

Also, I'm prone to motion sickness. I realize that getting a cabin this high up and this far back was not a good idea, but it's Alaska, I really didn't want to miss the scenery. Have I really messed up?

I just got off the southbound Mille this past Friday.

Don't worry about you starboard side cabin. At Hubbard, the ship turns around, and every side gets a view. we had an aft cabin, which happened to be the only "side" that got to see the glacier calving!

The Inside Passage views are amazing, regardless of your "side". Unfortunately, you don't get to the Inside Passage until about noon or so on your last full day.

I NEVER felt any real motion while on the cruise. The ports, except for Vancouver, are close together, so the ship never really goes too fast.

Enjoy you cruise!

Archived