Bayonne Express Debarkation - THAT'S the Nightmare!!!

MrPete

We have done the self assist debarkation in NY, but have never had the option before on RCI in Bayonne.

I wasn't gonna even bring it up to DW, not sure how to do this with a bus, but it turns out it's not really the bus that's the problem.

So a fellow pax tells DW this is now offered (I had read about it in the Compass), and she wants to use it to get off early, and makes sure she has one up on me. :rolleyes:

We have number 18, and are to meet in stu stu Studio B at 8:15.

Well, the elevator problem on this class ship is just exacerbated for express exit. We get to the bank of elevators on deck ten, and there's a line on both sides, and lo and behold, I can see it's the same on every other deck as well.

And worse yet, every elevator opening its doors going up AND down are full beyond capacity.

So, it was VERY fun carrying luggage down 7 flights of stairs. It seemed we started a trend. Others joined in as well.

That will be the last express debarkation I will do on the EOS. That extra hour and a half my be lost to the waiting time in the ER.

You were a good man though for letting your wife make that decision. And since you are able to post, I'm guessing you have restrained yourself from making comments to her about how you would've been better of not doing the express debarkation, so good for you for holding your tongue on that as well.:p

Peter,

If i read you dates correctly you have just arrived back TODAY. I will be cruisng out on EOS to Bermuda on the 23rd. How were the pools and was there any plumbing issues? Not that I would cancel or anything just want to be prepared.

We have a group of 18 and we will NOT do express disembarkment. Thanks for the tip

Peter,

If i read you dates correctly you have just arrived back TODAY. I will be cruisng out on EOS to Bermuda on the 23rd. How were the pools and was there any plumbing issues?

No plumbing problems that I saw or heard of.

The pools were fine as well, but I had a problem with all the "Pool attendants" on deck, with no one attending to the pools. They seemed to be more interested in chair hoggers, which was quite funny to watch.

After a bunch of straws and other things seen floating around for two hours, I finally went up to one and asks why no one cleans these out while they're all standing around.

DSC00283.jpg

They brought out a net instead of a skimmer, but hey, they removed the debris.

I also noted it on the comment card.

We did express disembarkation......once.

It's kind of like calling traffic at 5pm on the freeway rush hour, no one is rushing anywhere.

The funny thing is, most people want to express because they want to avoid the search for bags in the terminal. Don't let the secret out that now so many are carrying their own bags off the ship, finding your bag in the terminal is a piece of cake :)

I have read horrible things about express debarkation in Bayonne which is why we opted to put our bags out. With exiting on deck 1, the size of the ship, the before-mentioned elevator situation, and the hordes of people absolutely driven to be off the ship IMMEDIATE ... yikes.

Archived