Comfort Inn & Suite - Cocoa Beach

PittsburghGirlee

I booked the Comfort Inn & Suite for my May 09 cruise. :D

I have read mixed reviews on this hotel. Has anyone stayed there recently that can provide some in sight:confused:

I do not think that they have a shuttle to the cruise port and am assuming that I would need to taxi.

Also, do they have smoking rooms?

Any recent info would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!!

PG

hi pittsburgh, we have stayed at the CI many times. it is ok, we have never had a dirty room or bugs. we stayed again in may pre-cruise. they have a large pool, most regular rooms have 2 doors one opening to the pool area. i think they offer smoking rooms, alot of folks were smoking. they have karaoke almost every night in the barr too. u can smoke in there as well. we always have a rental car so i dont know about the shuttle. a cab fare isnt bad, it is pretty close, say 6 miles.. ask the front desk person for a local cab number, the phone book has cabs from all over listed. i asked once, they gave me a slip of paper with a local cab #..they offer an aarp discount, i fanyone is over 60 they have an even lower rate. gotta call choice hotels for that rate. oh, the rooms r suites, living area, small eff kitchen and extra small sink..we stay here all the time. cindy

I booked this thru hotwire and was not sure which of the hotels I was going to get. It is only 1 night, so no big deal really. The price was right. We just like to go in a day early and hang out poolside for the day and have a nice dinner before cruise day.

Any restaurants you can recommend.

Again, thanks for answering my questions, greatly appreciated.:)

Have a great day!!

PG

From one Pittsburgh girl to another.......... :)

I stayed at this hotel a couple years ago. I thought it was clean and safe. I was "upgraded" to a suite room. I had a car rental and it was easy to get to the walmart for some last minute items.

Have a great trip!

Cathy

hi pittsburg, we usually eat at sunset grill, right ont he river, they have deck dining, covered and if its cool they have the propane heaters. live music too. u can see the boats, manatee, dolphins..rustys at the port is fine with us too. this is very shorts/t-shirts if u desire. it is on the water and has music outside. if u r flying, rent a car thru avis at mco and u can drop it off on cruise morning and take their shuttle to the ship. the drop off is right on the way. let me know i fu choose to do this, i will give u a code that is great. i just used it, didnt have my smaller car so we got a new caddy with 5 miles on it for $33...and upon returning we got a suv for $128 total for 5 days.. so much easier than paying for taxis and u can run around for cheaper than a few taxi rides. easy to get to also..cindy

From one Pittsburgh girl to another.......... :)

I stayed at this hotel a couple years ago. I thought it was clean and safe. I was "upgraded" to a suite room. I had a car rental and it was easy to get to the walmart for some last minute items.

Have a great trip!

Cathy

Hey neighbor, thanks so much the the input. I would just be so excited to receive an upgrade......:D :D Lucky you.

hi pittsburg, we usually eat at sunset grill, right ont he river, they have deck dining, covered and if its cool they have the propane heaters. live music too. u can see the boats, manatee, dolphins..rustys at the port is fine with us too. this is very shorts/t-shirts if u desire. it is on the water and has music outside. if u r flying, rent a car thru avis at mco and u can drop it off on cruise morning and take their shuttle to the ship. the drop off is right on the way. let me know i fu choose to do this, i will give u a code that is great. i just used it, didnt have my smaller car so we got a new caddy with 5 miles on it for $33...and upon returning we got a suv for $128 total for 5 days.. so much easier than paying for taxis and u can run around for cheaper than a few taxi rides. easy to get to also..cindy

Cindy,

Thanks so much for all of the info. We are very casual people, so Sunset Grill sounds perfect for us. Yes, I would very much be interested in the code. There are 4 of us in our party, do you think amidsize would do it? Also, do you have to pay to park the rental car at the hotel the evening you stay?

Thanks everyone for all of your help and advice.....

hi pittsburgh, no, parking is free at the ci.. the avis code is A153700 i called avis several times thinking i had to have some coupon or be a member of a certain club, no u do not.. 800-331-1212 is avis #...i called adn asked them to enter the code and it is fine anyone can use it. midsize will probably be ok IF u guys r taking 1 suitcase each. haha i bet u have more! i always book the smallest, with this code i did book and intermediate for $33...they always run out of the smaller cars first, espically if u r flyin into mco...dont let them try to talk u into a larger car, this means they usually ran out of what u reserved and u will get the larger car for the same amount. stick to your guns when they try to sell ya! after our cruise, i booked the same, got an suv for $128 for 5 days...we were very pleased with avis. the drop off in cocoa beach is right ont he main hwy on the way to the port, easy..hope this helps..cindy

hi pittsburgh, no, parking is free at the ci.. the avis code is A153700 i called avis several times thinking i had to have some coupon or be a member of a certain club, no u do not.. 800-331-1212 is avis #...i called adn asked them to enter the code and it is fine anyone can use it. midsize will probably be ok IF u guys r taking 1 suitcase each. haha i bet u have more! i always book the smallest, with this code i did book and intermediate for $33...they always run out of the smaller cars first, espically if u r flyin into mco...dont let them try to talk u into a larger car, this means they usually ran out of what u reserved and u will get the larger car for the same amount. stick to your guns when they try to sell ya! after our cruise, i booked the same, got an suv for $128 for 5 days...we were very pleased with avis. the drop off in cocoa beach is right ont he main hwy on the way to the port, easy..hope this helps..cindy

Cindy,

How far in advance did you book your rental car? Thanks for all of the great advice. I will do exactly what you suggested.

I am assuming that there is some type of shuttle that the rental car company provides to get us to the port? Is there a charge?

Thanks!!

PG

Cindy,

How far in advance did you book your rental car? Thanks for all of the great advice. I will do exactly what you suggested.

I am assuming that there is some type of shuttle that the rental car company provides to get us to the port? Is there a charge?

Thanks!!

PG

The rental car companies here in Cape Canaveral do NOT charge for their shuttle rides to the port either coming or going - its a service they all provide except for National Car Rental.

Hope that will help

The rental car companies here in Cape Canaveral do NOT charge for their shuttle rides to the port either coming or going - its a service they all provide except for National Car Rental.

Hope that will help

Thanks Shirley,

I thought there were some that did and some that did not. Was not sure of Avis.

Archived