Aft Balcony question

happycruzer

We have booked a PS suite on the Diamond Princess...our first Princess cruise, so I've got losts of questions.....

Can anyone tell me if these balconies are covered so much that we'll be unable to sunbathe on them....my DH and I spend a lot of time on our balconies...I normally have an afternoon nap...while DH reads and catches the rays...also love having breakfast out there.

But wouldn't like to think we've paid the extra $$$ for a suite and then wont have full use of the balcony.

If anyone has any photos of the Aft balconies esp C757 or any photos of the suite I'd be delighted to be able to see them.

Thank you for taking the time to read this....sorry search seems to be down so hence the reason for my post.

Happycruzer

Not sure about the Diamond, but the Caribbean's aft's are fully covered on the Caribe deck and I think that's where you will be, Caribe deck I mean.

Sun angle is just like under an umbrella. At certain times of the day, sun still comes through. Depends on the angle of the sun and position of the ship too. Hopefully you both will get what you want. Good luck!!!

We ate breakfast everyday on our aft. It was wonderful.

You will love your aft balcony. DW and I had one on the Diamond (Dolphin D739) in October 2007 and we loved every minute of it. We spent hours and hours and hours lounging on the deck. Breakfast on the deck every morning. We also did the ultimate balcony dinner - (but my advice would be to only do it if you can time it at sunset.) There is a support beam on the deck, but it's to the (right) side and not a problem at all. Still enough room for a table for four and two lounge chairs with plenty of room to spare.

The cabin was terrific too - especially the xtra large bathroom and the two patio doors.

I don't regret the xtra expense even now. We are totally spoiled. If I knew how to post pics on this thread I would.

We had this cabin on sister ship Sapphire and also C752 on the Diamond. As LuvtheGoodLife said, it will depend on the sun and angle when you have sun on the balcony. Almost everyday we had some sun - its perfect for sitting out there and watching the view. Enjoy.

Thank you all for your replies ! We will stick with our Aft suite now and hope that we're travelling in the right direction to catch those rays whilst on our balcony.

We've had Aft balconies on Celebrity and RCI but the design on hteir ships means that the decks step back slightly the further up the ship you go, meaning that you almost always can place your loungers to catch the sun. When I booked this one I really never gave the design a thought. I was just so glad to be able to book it.

So thanks again everyone...much appreciated !

Happycruzer

When we had an aft balcony on Aloha, we could see a suite balcony below us on Baja sticking out a few feet. None of the balconies below that stick out any further. As said above, it will depend on time of day and ship's position with how much sun gets on your balcony.

Here's a pic I found showing the aft balconies. The Caribe deck is the second deck down of the ones sticking out from the stern of the ship. Click on the thumbnail for a larger pick

2645430030046097424quvZWH_th.jpg

Archived