Imagination 8/11-16 Review with pictures

pitchersmom02

.....oh the first morning at sea...to stay in bed lulled back to sleep by the gentle rocking of the ship or get up and enjoy the day....ahh heck there is plenty of time to sleep in the retirement home:D ..so out of bed I go...BFF and the DD's are still sleeping so I go out to the balcony to enjoy the sunrise..

ry%3D320

I sit and read for a while and in a short while BFF is up and we decide to head to the dining room for breakfast...

Off to the Pride dining room we go...

we are seated with a very nice couple who tell us the horrifying story of how they nearly missed the ship...they we flying in from NY LGA the same airport DD #2 left from...all flights on AA were canceled..with the only explanation "weather" . They tried to find a flight that night ..no luck they were offered a flight out of Boston..or go standy by from JFK the next morning, they and 50 other stranded passengers...OK drive hundreds of miles in the opposite direction...or wait for a stand by seat...

they decided to drive home to Ct and book themselves early the next morning on Southwest....it cost them $1200.00 for 4 fares...guess what ..they had no travel insurance....I guess I dont need to say any more about that...luckily they made it and were starting to unwind.

For breakfast BFF and I each had bagels/salmon/eggs/bacon...I just love breakfast in the dining room. the only time we ever have breakfast other than the dining room are on early port days, than we get room service.

After breakfast we went to check on the DD's who were now out tanning, so BFF and I wandered around enjoying the ship. Our plan for the day was ..not much but... relax, and catch up.

we hung around watched the hairy chest contest..and than we were off to dancing lessons..we were going to learn to do the disco..just like John Travolta....as a New Yorker who was in HS and college in the 70's that seemed right up my alley..so off we went .

we met up with our instructor in the Dynasty Lounge and along with 8 other brave souls had the time of our lifes learning how to dance like JT..

of course we looked like fools but who cares..the lounge started to fill up and I thought wow all these people have come out to see our talent...

imagine my surprise when I found out they were there for BINGO:(

After tripping the light fantastic ..we were kind of hungry and remembered that it was now time for high tea...

high tea was held in the Mirage Lounge, the same room my wedding reception was in

ry%3D320

me....

ry%3D320

BFF..Shelly

we tried not to eat too much as tonight was the Captains Welcome Party and Formal night..our dinner was not until 8:15 so we had plenty of time to get ready....and with 5 women we would need it...but those cumcumber sandwichs were yummy....

Formal night ..here we come....will that empty chair still be there???

I leave tomorrow am for NYC to speand a few days there before our cruise on the Miracle on Friday........I need to know......did anyone ever take the empty chair.........did the 1 man ever return.........so many questions ...........so little time

I was a bit shocked at your review, until I learned that BFF was best friend instead of boyfriend.:( I thought wow this lady is talking about her hubby and wedding while cruising with her boyfriend.:)

Love your review, and can't wait for the next part.

....it was now time to get ready for Captains Welcome Party and Formal night and with 5 females that would prove to be alot of fun...the DD's decided to forgo the Captains Party so they let BFF and I get ready first

ry%3D320

DD#3 waiting for her turn in the shower

after we were showered and now it was time for make up, and hair..of course DD's decided that BFF and I needed a little help in that area..

ry%3D320

DD#3 helping BFF with a new do!

The Captains Welcome Party....BFF and I with a little bubbly,

ry%3D320

DD #2 and #3 made it to the party at the end

ry%3D320

notice a theme with the dresses?

The Welcome Party was very nice, the drinks were aplenty and BFF and I enjoyed our fair share..we did have a designated driver....or should I say sailor!!

on to dinner.......

...well we arrived for Formal Dinner and the dining room was abuzz with excitment in in a festive mood...Our wait staff greeted us and our diet cokes were waiting...BFF and I had enjoyed a few glasses of bubbly and we were all in a great mood....

ry%3D320

our table mates were dressed up as well

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

BFF, me and DD #2

ry%3D320

DD#2 and #3

All the women at our table were in black and the 2 guys were in blue..we thought it was a nice look..and everyone in our dining room was very dresssed us. There were no jeans, or sloppy looks a young group of boys at a table near us all looked very nice in their suits..

It was a very fun evening and of course the food was great, we enjoyed all our meals very much....there were a few things that could have been better but overall each and every course was nicely done. and if you were not happy with a course a new one was suggested and brought right over..

now ...the empty chair.....as no one showed up our waiter removed the chair...but still the question why was it there, who was it for? .....still no one answered that question....

we were now on to the show.......I went in to find us a seat and BFF had to use the rest room...while looking for a seat I saw our young male table mate sitting alone...he saw me and waved me over...and invited me to sit I told him BFF was coming and he said there was plenty of room...

so now ..alone, I asked ...did you come on this cruise alone?..he hesitated and answered ...yes....pregnant pause....I was supposed to come with my girl freind but she broke up with me recently..so I decided to come alone...:( suddenly the answer to the empty chair.....and than the lights dimmed for the show.

...Grand Turk...next stop.....

Hubby has asked if I want to sail the Imagination (our first ship, in 2001) next April, :eek: in addition to our family cruise in September (which we have not decided upon ship/itinerary yet). Your review is making my decision!

Keep it coming!

Sol y Mar

(with 2 DD teens, I can relate!)

....we were very excited about our port call to Grand Turk, we have never been there...

we were going to be there only until 3PM with a return to the ship by 2:30 so I wanted to be off the ship as soon as possible...my DD's just ove this part:rolleyes:

..we woke early and planned to get off the ship very fast, since it was early we ordered breakfast from room service. We got bagels/cream cheese/muffins/fruit/OJ/Tea/milk...

while wating for our food we got ready ..our plan was to rent a golf cart, from this site I had learned you can rent a golf cart from a guy named Tony..and spend the day driving around the island...

I had printed a map of the island which is not very big..I think 7 milesx 2 miles..and I read it was not difficult to navigate.

The cost of the golf cart was listed on by those who have gone as $80. But there are not very many so I tought if we wanted one we needed to get off early..

so breakfast arrives we eat..and off we go...beach towels, books, suntan lotion, sail and sign cards...drivers liscense..and cash/cc

we get off the ship with no problem ..well excpet that DD #3 has 2 sail and sign cards ..she had "lost" her orignial so we had to get a new one and than she mixed them up..caused a little confusion but soon we were off and making our way to Tony...by 7:30AM

ry%3D320

DD's on the right ...

ry%3D320

DD's and BFF....

We went past all the shops ..to the parking lot...I aksed along the way for Tony the golf cart guy and was told oh keep going ..he is outside the gate..

we finally spotted him and the golf carts...FYI..if you have some slow walkers the fastest person with a drivers liscense and $80 can go secure it and pick up every one else...

We had 5 adults in one golf cart...there is some storage and under the seats , but not much..we were tight but managed..

Tony was veryhappy to see us..I told him I learned about him ***** CC he seemed pleased...we gave him $80 for the day , he looked at my drivers liscense and told us anyone could drive ,,,even if they had no liscense..

DD#3's eyes lite up...she has no liscense/permit yet..

he asked if we could replace the 1/4 tank gas..at the end of the day and that the 1/4 tank would last 6 hours of driving..

after a brief oreintation off we went..DD#2 drove first ..you drive on the left...we went a ways and than saw a sign for Governors Beach ...so we decided to stop..

ry%3D320

view of ship from Governors Beach..

the beach was all but empty..you could rent a chair for $10 for the day ..there was a little snack bar...I picked up 5 bottles of water $2/each and 2 diet cokes also $2

The girls swam and took some sun..it was still only about 8AM at this point

ry%3D320

DD #2 takes some sun

ry%3D320

DD#3 ..in the water..

BFF decided to take a walk down the beach ..as you can see we had almost the entire beach to ourselves

ry%3D320

there was some nice areas with shade..but since we had our golf cart we wanted to keep going and explore some more...the DD's were not happy about that as they wanted to sunbath...oh well....off we went

we drove and drove, past the airport and a bunch of salt ponds. we found a little area on Duke Street a one way street with some shops, and quite beach areas..we decided that after exploring we would head back there...

now that we were out a ways I let DD# 3 drive

ry%3D320

as she has no experience driving...she had no problem keeping to the left..the golfcart went no faster than about 10miles/hr..

we passed alot of goats, chickens, cows and a horse who came out of a driveway..walked down the street and made a turn into another street..

there was a lot of building which seemed to be halted at various stages of completion..not sure why...we passed a few other golf carts and waved..we really did not follow the map..just went one way and another ..there really is only what seems to be one main street....

we reached the end of the island and than headed back..taking detours along the way shen the mood struck us..

we ended up back on Duke St and found a beach with a few chairs that did not seem to belong to anyone..we pulled our cart over and settled in..

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

BFF in the shade and our golf cart parked...and the local dog...

the beach was very clean and the water was crystal clear..

ry%3D320

DD#3 decided she could tan best like this....

ry%3D320

the tanning plan continues......it was now about 10AM and getting hot...

Grand Turk was different than other islands we had been to,it was rather flat, and not alot of foliage..not very many tropical plants...but still a beautiful island

we stayed for a while at this beach and DD # 3 adopted the little dog that wandered by..

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

DD's relaxing in the water...no one else was at this beach...

ry%3D320

no one questioned us about the chairs. It seemed as if the little resturant was going to open for lunch...

ry%3D320

we were enjoying this beach so very much....it was just perfect...

ry%3D320

DD's just hung out in the water for about an hour...DD #1 has a waterproof digital camera and she took some funny pictures of us all underwater...

.....we swam and relaxed , watched a horse ride by ....after a few hours BFF and I started to get hungry...we were used to eating every hour on the ship....we decided to take a walk to see what we would find..

we told DD's we would be back and off we went...just down the street we ran into

ry%3D320

this charming resturant...BFF and I decided to go in for a lite bite...

the menu looked good..

ry%3D320

this was the sign at the resturant...

BFF and I went in and decided that we were actually hungry for more than a snack...so we decided to go back and get the girls and the golf cart..if they wanted to eat...they were used to eating more often than us..so that was an easy decision..

BFF drove the golf cart back with them...

ry%3D320

here they come.....there was a parking lot on the left....

Of course we had to again try the local beer..

ry%3D320

this was the most beautiful place ..it was quite, with a slight breeze, shaded with a fragance I could not identify but so perfect for the setting....

ry%3D320

DD #1 and #3 ...BFF thinking about what to eat..

ry%3D320

DD #3 can not decide...

So we finally decide...we each had a bowel of conch chowder,,,,DD had a salad and mussles in lemon and wine....I had lobster in a phylo cup with melted baschmel .....the food was so good...actually it was absolutely delicious.....our bill was $100..and worth every single cent....

more Grand Turk to come....and our little dog Trixie.....

so DD is relaxing in the hammock and all of a sudden she sees the little dog from the beach...we as DD is a dog lover and wants to adopt a dog from each port of call to keep our dogs at home (Daisy and Baily ) company ..off the hammock she goes ...

ry%3D320

here she is making friends....and decided to name her "new dog" Trixie

and now she give Trixie my $2/bottle water ..cause she looks like she is

thirsty

ry%3D320

Sadly it is time to go...we need to get back into our golf cart and head back to the ship...but truth be told missing the ship and staying here would not be a bad thing..

We take a few more pictures to remember our day..

ry%3D320

and off we go....

ry%3D320

We drove back not in any rush as we still have time...talking about what a great day we have had..this had to be one of the most enoyable days we have had...we were on our own at our own pace...

we arrived back to Tony and told him how much we enjoyed the day ..and he told us we could park the golf cart inside the gates and he would pick it up..

Oh we were not able to get any gas the 2 stations we passed were closed so we gave him some $$ for gas...he said gas there was $6/gallon

so we gave him $10 ..I am sure it was more than we needed to but what the heck ...

we walked past the shops and Margaritaville which looked very busy and back onto the ship..I did stop and buy DH a mug...

we watched as the ship pulled away ..and decided we were hungry ...of and great timing the sushi bar was opening...

bye Grand Turk..and Trixie we will miss you

ry%3D320

next up.....Sushi Bar.......

Archived