Just Back from the Carnival Inspiration

dsfitz

We just returned from the 5 day Inspiration itinerary from Tampa - visiting Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Tropical Storm Fay did alter our itinerary - we went to Cozumel first and then Grand Cayman which is the reverse of the usual schedule. Because of that, our time in the ports was shortened - about 8 AM to 3 PM in each. However, other than that we had a great time and were not affected by the storm at all - weather was perfect (if hot) and seas were glassy smooth most of the time.

Would be happy to answer any questions about this ship or this itinerary. I have composed a full review and it should be viewable within a couple of days.

There were doubts about Grand Cayman because tenders are used there and if the seas are too rough they won't operate so the ship won't go. We did not get confirmation that we would be going until about 5 pm the evening before.

I believe that the Circle C area is going to be right next to Club O2. Unfortunately, it does not look like it is completed yet - there is an area that I believe it is going into - but when you peek in the door it is just concrete. My 13 year old did Circle C and enjoyed it - but they were just meeting in various areas around the ship - there was no dedicated place.

As far as Grand Cayman - I would do something in the water - either the stingrays or the snorkeling. The turtle farm was pretty fun - but about 45 minutes there is probably sufficient.

Not sure about that. There was a little "cage" where people were practicing golf swings in the miniature golf area - but it didn't look like anything more than a cage - not really a simulator. But I am really not sure - I thought I saw advertisements for golf simulator in the Carnival Capers.

Hopefully someone else knows and can tell you.

I believe that the Circle C area is going to be right next to Club O2. Unfortunately, it does not look like it is completed yet - there is an area that I believe it is going into - but when you peek in the door it is just concrete. My 13 year old did Circle C and enjoyed it - but they were just meeting in various areas around the ship - there was no dedicated place.

As far as Grand Cayman - I would do something in the water - either the stingrays or the snorkeling. The turtle farm was pretty fun - but about 45 minutes there is probably sufficient.

That is too bad. We are sailing in 3 weeks and was hoping Circle C would be complete. My older son will go to older teen center and my younger DS won't be able to go. When we sailed last Sept on The Mariner, they allowed ALL teens to go into their teen centers. There were not that many kids on board. Oh Well.

Just got back from the same cruise and was a wonderfull trip. Food was excellent, had a excellent waitress staff. Had to go to cozemel first then grand caymen lost some time but still was a nice trip. will post review latter. ask quetions if u want

I was on this cruise ship also..but earlier this month August 2nd. As for the cruise director, it is RISA...not all that great...but she is from Atlanta, so people seemed to like her. Phillipe was her 2nd in charge and he was great...vey funny guy! The Bingo guy needs to go away..no personality!

Can you tell me what night is the formal night on this one? Is it the second night on the boat?

Formal night was the 2nd night on the 5 night cruise. The midnight buffet was also this night, which wasn't a great idea as Grand Cayman is the next morning with a 7am arrival...not really worth staying up for in my opinion. Formal night food was great! Order 2 lobster tails though, as they are small

Archived