please forgive me for i have sinned

bottom-dragger

i drove within 70 yards of a pod of orcas wednesday. they were entering the north end of the wrangell narrows.

grabbed the dash cam and this is all i got. sorry, dash cam wasn't set up as stills and i ......................... uh, messed up a photo.

the local public radio station is great about announcing whales in the narrows and for us that grew up in the midwest.......electrical storms.

http://*****.com/5rltj9

the local public radio station is great about announcing whales in the narrows...

How "Alaska" is that - "we interrupt this blah-blah-blah by the President for some important news - THERE ARE ORCA IN THE CHANNEL!" :D

How "Alaska" is that - "we interrupt this blah-blah-blah by the President for some important news - THERE ARE ORCA IN THE CHANNEL!" :D

It's true Yukon, they do it in Juneau too!

Not to one-up you, bottom-dragger, but we were out in the derby the weekend before last (floating, we'd just turned off the kicker), when a humpback spouted right next to the boat. It was so close I could see down his blow hole! There are no pictures...I was too busy screaming. :eek: It is *LOUD* when you're that close!

Do you know how exciting and wonderful your posts are ??? Thank you for sharing the magnificent state you live in. Can hardly wait to get there in 3 weeks. Loved the video b-d.

ps: we are in the midst of a huge thunderstorm, some hail, booming thunder, heavy rain.........yet still almost 90 degrees. Come on Alaska. gg in Texas

i drove within 70 yards of a pod of orcas wednesday. they were entering the north end of the wrangell narrows.

grabbed the dash cam and this is all i got. sorry, dash cam wasn't set up as stills and i ......................... uh, messed up a photo.

the local public radio station is great about announcing whales in the narrows and for us that grew up in the midwest.......electrical storms.

http://*****.com/5rltj9

I have to say great pictures of the fish :D and I like your choice of beer also! I like to say fish just cause I know someone will vapor-lock on that one!

Short and sweet, but stunning just the same. Thanx Yukon! ! LOL!

hey murray!! didn't you read the instructions for my camera?? i can't drive the truck and shoot out the window at the same time!!

i benefit from your input, sorry about the sharp stick poke in the butt.

That was a bit of a tease really, but awsomevideo none the less. I just hit "replay" several times in quick succession so it seems longer. :)

I really appreciate the Alaska perspective as well. Alaska is one of only 2 states I've never been to, and I can't wait to finally visit.

Archived