Fishing clothing

mommacl

boat or bank? it'll be colder on the water and you won't be as active, but if it's too unpleasant you can usually retire to a heated cabin. bank fishing, you got what you brought.

you do need to get a reccie from your guide service on what they can provide.

comfort is staying dry, have protection from the wind, keep your head and hands warm. and chocolate.

hope you get to hear "fish on!!" alot.

I was there in the later part of July and went fly fishing.....wading waist deep in hip waders. I wore shorts, t-shirt+long sleeve shirt+fleece jacket+light rain jacket. I also went fishing for King Salmon on a boat and wore the same thing...no hip waders of course.

I am from God's Country as well :)

We fished the Little Su, Upper Kenai and Kasiloff in July, both wading and float fishing. We both wore medium weight long underwear pants and jeans and multiple tops with rain gear. We had also gotten RedHead hunting socks from BassPro Shop. They are very thick. With those and another pair of regular socks we were fine. The only problem I had was that my hands got cold. It rained every time we were on the water and even with gloves my hands were like ice because they were wet. The last day I tried regular gloves, plastic restaurant like gloves and then my fishing gloves. This helped a lot by keeping my hands dry. I would also suggest getting something like an icy/hot patch. I think that this would have helped by being able to warm my hands.

We had excellent guides and between the two of us caught silvers, chum, a pink, sockeye, a dolly varden, and a trout. I even caught a 35 pound King on the Kasiloff. I haven't let my husband forget that either!

What fishing company are you using? My mom has already said that she wants to go fishing. Any suggestions for companies that have good reviews or someone has used will be appreciated. If you have email or contact information for them that would be helpfull also. We are doing the inside passage.

Thanks

Fished in early June this year in Ketchikan and was in Ketchikan in September on another trip, cool but not cold, misty but not rain. Chances are you won't get too cold or too wet but be somewhat prepared and you should be fine.

You're going fishing, don't worry about anything!

Archived