Checking Baggage-Departure

Usually we have to catch a flight but this cruise we will just be picked up by family and drive home at the dock.

Can we skip leaving our baggage outside of our door the final night and then waiting for our color to be called the next morning and just keep our luggage and leave at anytime (the next morning) that they allow passengars to disembark?

Thank you!

We have never used Express debarkation because the longer on board the better! lol If you need to disembark early or you have little luggage and want to carry it off you need to go to guest relations early on in your cruise and ask for "Express Debarkation" so you will be issued the correct tags for Express. As far as I have heard and read that is how it goes on Explorer. It is so easy to find your luggage and a porter in Bayonne that express, or self debarkation sounds like a hassle (but thats just us!).

Have a wonderful cruise, you will love Explorer!

OOPS! I guess I should add that "no" you can not leave 'at any time'. When you opt for Express, you are first off the ship. Some have reported that elevators were consistently too full and they had to haul their luggage down many flights of stairs just to get off the ship- some have reported that by 8:30 they were off....I guess it also has a lot to do with how man y pax have flights to catch, as those pax will be accomodated w/ Express first.

Archived