Photos of Ventura

Beyondships

what a fantastic 'site' to view...

i think anyone who has read the 'worrying' recent reviews on here would take some comfort from looking through the pages of that site..

a full 'review' i bet would be very interesting, bearing in mind the running total on his signature from the cunard fleet!!!

I was recently on Venturra and have my photos at http://www.beyondships.com/PO-Ventura-Tour-1.html I hope you find them interesting.

Quote "The White Room gets its name not from the decor but from

hotelier Marco Pierre White of Venice and Florence, Italy" :rolleyes:

NOT correct!! He's English, born in Leeds UK of Italian parentage!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Pierre_White

And Britain's best chef by a country mile!

Thanks for the nice comments.

I'm not sure what else I can say about the ship except give some personal observations. In general, I think that all the major cruise lines do a good job at what they set out to do. What they set out to do, however, differs and thus whether a person will like a particular ship or line depends primarily upon whether what the cruise line is trying to do suits that person's personality and lifestyle. Of course, one may run into a bad waiter for example whose poor service ruins the cruise but that could happen anywhere and is not a valid basis for generalization about a ship.

With regard to Ventura, I was particularly interested to see how P&O made good on the promise that it is a ship designed for Britain. This design of cruise ship has been very successful for a decade but it has been successful within the context of an American style cruise experience. Could it be made British?

Personally, I think it does have a British atmosphere. I found it interesting to contrast it against Cunard's Queen Victoria, which was also built with the British market in mind and which is the same age. QV has a British atmosphere that grows out of Britain's heritage. Ventura reflects a part of Britain that foreigners are not that aware of - - or at least I wasn't until my university studies in the UK. It is more about contemporary British lifestyle and tastes. Perhaps one could describe it as more about what the British are like when they are at home. Both are British; both are good.

Archived