Laundry on Jewel?

fungirl3

DH and I need to know about laundry for our 10 day cruise to NE/Canada departing 9/28/08. Coming from west coast so want to travel light. Is self-service laundry available or only steward laundry? How much does either cost?

Thanks!

FG3

DH and I need to know about laundry for our 10 day cruise to NE/Canada departing 9/28/08. Coming from west coast so want to travel light. Is self-service laundry available or only steward laundry? How much does either cost?

Thanks!

FG3

YES! There are self service laundries on the Jewel. See the post below for details. (Don't mind the title of the thread - they have NOT removed the Jewel's laundry rooms, just on the Jade.)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=830256&highlight=jewel+laundry

There is even a post with a MAP in one of the posts of where the laundry rooms are located!

Also, we were on the Jewel for 15 nights, and they ran a couple of laundry specials - whole bag for $x.xx. I don't remember the amount, but we did it twice. I like the fact that it goes away, and then re-appears all clean and nicely folded!

We used the laundry special on our last cruise. I think it was about $20.00 for the bag. I first thoughts were the bag looks small and it wouldn't be worht it. But, I had a spare moment and thought I would see just how much would fit. The bag held all of our clothes for 4 days for 2 adults and 2 kids. I sent it off. It was so worth it. Everything came back pressed and folded. I didn't have a mound of laundry when we came home. It was a great service and we are planning on doing it again on our upcoming cruise.

Archived