Radisson Resort at the Port (Canaveral)

Shamrock359

After reading these boards for so long in preparation for our Bahama Cruise and drive from NJ, I just thought I would share my impressions of this hotel. I just wanted to let everyone know that this hotel is great for a precruise. We arrived on Friday for a Sunday departure on the Sensation. Unfortunately, due to TS Fay, the ship was delayed getting into port until 9pm.

Radisson extended our check out time until 4 pm at no extra charge, and arranged for late shuttles to take us to the port. We went for dinner at Florida Seafood which I highly recommend and by the time we got back, the shuttles were transporting guests about every 20 minutes. The shuttles are not crowded, they are quick and very efficient.

Today, when we got off the ship, there was a Radisson shuttle all set to take us back to our car, which we had left at the Radisson for no extra charge. Our driver Alex waited maybe 5 minutes for other passengers but when no one else came, he took my husband and myself back to the Radisson by ourselves. No waiting to fill the shuttle. We were on the road by 8:30 am.

The hotel pool is also really nice. The picture of it on the Radisson website is exactly how it is, waterfalls and all. The sleep number beds were awesome, and the free breakfast buffet was included as well.

There's several great restaurants nearby, a McDonalds across the street, and a family restaurant named Zacharys right next door. There is also a pizzeria within walking distance as well.

I wouild highly recommend this hotel for either a post/pre cruise, but especially for those driving to the port. For like $99/night, you get all of the above and your car is safe and secure when you return. They do have security patrolling the area where cruise ship guests park.

Just thought I'd share after getting some really valuable advice from everyone. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Happy Cruising!!!

After reading these boards for so long in preparation for our Bahama Cruise and drive from NJ, I just thought I would share my impressions of this hotel. I just wanted to let everyone know that this hotel is great for a precruise. We arrived on Friday for a Sunday departure on the Sensation. Unfortunately, due to TS Fay, the ship was delayed getting into port until 9pm.

Radisson extended our check out time until 4 pm at no extra charge, and arranged for late shuttles to take us to the port. We went for dinner at Florida Seafood which I highly recommend and by the time we got back, the shuttles were transporting guests about every 20 minutes. The shuttles are not crowded, they are quick and very efficient.

Today, when we got off the ship, there was a Radisson shuttle all set to take us back to our car, which we had left at the Radisson for no extra charge. Our driver Alex waited maybe 5 minutes for other passengers but when no one else came, he took my husband and myself back to the Radisson by ourselves. No waiting to fill the shuttle. We were on the road by 8:30 am.

The hotel pool is also really nice. The picture of it on the Radisson website is exactly how it is, waterfalls and all. The sleep number beds were awesome, and the free breakfast buffet was included as well.

There's several great restaurants nearby, a McDonalds across the street, and a family restaurant named Zacharys right next door. There is also a pizzeria within walking distance as well.

I wouild highly recommend this hotel for either a post/pre cruise, but especially for those driving to the port. For like $99/night, you get all of the above and your car is safe and secure when you return. They do have security patrolling the area where cruise ship guests park.

Just thought I'd share after getting some really valuable advice from everyone. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Happy Cruising!!!

I also would like to mention that the GM Joe P is one of the finest person - I always tell him that he is the GM with a heart - he has helped so many in so many ways

Anyhow I sent him a copy of your note. I know it will put a smile on his face.

Always

Shirley

Did you pay the extra money for the park & cruise package, or can you just leave you car their for a week regardless of what kind of room you get? They quoted me $139 for 1 night on october 25, park and cruise package.

Happy Cruising!!!

Did you pay the extra money for the park & cruise package, or can you just leave you car their for a week regardless of what kind of room you get? They quoted me $139 for 1 night on october 25, park and cruise package.

You can leave your car and take the shuttle no matter what you pay for the room. It's one of the perks of the hotel. It is an outside corridor hotel, only 2 stories high, so I imagine for $139 you'd have a nicer room in a better location. However, you're only there for 1 night, so go for the cheaper room. I wouldn't take the breakfast package either, being as there are places to grab a quick bite in the morning.

Almost everyone staying at that hotel is either waiting to take a cruise, or just returning from one, so it's definitely what it was designed for.

Hope this helps!

You can leave your car and take the shuttle no matter what you pay for the room. It's one of the perks of the hotel.

No. That's not true. I stayed there in Sept. 06. The cruise package is an additional benefit and you can expect to pay a little extra for it. It's still a great deal if you ask me. Oh, and the breakfast was a pretty decent buffet, so I recommend going for that as well. I think I had eggs, bacon, and toast and my kids had waffles and juice. You can't beat getting breakfast right there at the resort before hopping on the shuttle to the port.

It's a great place to stay pre-cruise. We even saw the shuttle take off from the parking lot.

250967761_8b1e7f608a.jpg

I just booked their cruise package when it was $10 cheaper than now at $129, last month, and there was not a huge price difference between the regular room and the cruise package. And as Stivo indicated, the breakfast buffet makes it much more convinient to not leave the property and be more relaxed.

Happy Cruising!!!

DH & I have stayed there twice and if we sail out of there again we will book that hotel. It would be nice for a land vacation also. There are several pics in my sig. Just click on Glory! Happy cruising! :cool:

Luv's Crusin'

How did you like the food at Florida Seafood?? We have a group sailing on the Mariner in January and are looking for a nice, reasonable place for dinner the

nite before. Thanks.

You really will love the food and presentation at Florida Seafood. You will also enjoy the fish tanks that are all over the place. I get so fascinated by looking at all the nooks and crannies to see the odd sea creatures, that time slips by. I sure would make reservations for on the weekends, the lines are long.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived