Triumph 9/7/08

toledo_cruiser

Just discovered this site... Loving all the posts. I'm booked on the Triumph 9/7 and am geeked to go! Is there anything special about the entertainment aboard the Triumph, or can I expect the usual "okay" entertainment. By that I mean guys and gals with lots of energy and good, but raunchy comics. I loved the comics on the Elation and Glory on my last two cruises.

Hello Toledocruiser - I'm two hours south of you - not too far from the Armstrong Air & Space Museum. I was on the Triumph in April. The singers & dancers were lively. The comedien was excellent at the 10:30 show so we decided to stay for his adult show at midnight - alot of the same material and not all that great.

Thanks, Dog and Cat Lover,

I'm easily entertained, and expect the Vegas-styled shows, but I'm going with a group and we have one super-critical member. She has the ability to suck the colors from a rainbow. I, for one, am going to enjoy myself, so I won't be spending much time around "Prunella." Good raunchy comics are not her bag, so we won't see her on those nights. Most members of my group have not cruised before so we know they'll be excited. And since they won't know what to expect, that will make it even better.

Sounds like you're right down I-75.

Yep - I am right down 75.

I think all of the regular shows will be fine for the critical one - just keep her out of the late nite adult shows. We went to the shows each night but missed the magicians show because we were just too tired to stay awake, but our friends went and said it was the best show of the week.

Hi, are you going eastern or western? If you're going eastern, try to book a cabana for Half Moon Cay early. If you want one.. I was first in line at the excursion desk right after boarding. (I waited there)

My family liked the London dining room best, so we changed (once onboard asap) to that room. We ate our other meals in the Paris, because the London was closed.

Have fun!! and don't let Prunella bother you.:)

On the page with all the boards, scroll down to roll calls, then click on carnival then click on your ship's name.

Here is your roll call if you want to post and say hello to other CCers on your cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=651699

PS I went to BGSU and dated a guy from Toledo Ohio, Im from Ohio too, welcome to CC

On the page with all the boards, scroll down to roll calls, then click on carnival then click on your ship's name.

Here is your roll call if you want to post and say hello to other CCers on your cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=651699

PS I went to BGSU and dated a guy from Toledo Ohio, Im from Ohio too, welcome to CC

I took the hint from your first post and read the FAQ. :D Found the roll call and read all the messages.

Ah, BGSU. I used to visit just for the beach. But that was a lifetime ago, and now I'm just an older guy learning how to relax again. I may have to go back to work just to support this cruising habit. :) Thanks for the tip.

I think your trip is to the Western Caribbean but this may help some.

Much Better than we anticipated!pixel.gifFamily just returned from the 8/3- 8/10 Triumph sailing to the Eastern Caribbean with stops in Half Moon Cay, St.Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. The Triumph exceeded our expectations and we all loved the cruise. Our thoughts regarding some aspects of the cruise:

EMBARKATION - special thanks to Dominique as she saved the day for us at the Miami terminal. Upon check in we were not provided the card (an oversight) indicating which group # we were to board with. We noticed this just prior to when they began to call the #s as we did not have a card and others did. Dominique was able to get us a card immediately. We had driven to the port and parking was easy. We were on the ship by 11:45 and in our room at 1:30. Suggest being last to the muster drill. Sail away was fun with a great view of Miami Beach.

HALF MOON CAY - A gorgeous day at a beautiful beach. The water was warm and soothing. Too hot to just sit on the beach. Bring lots of sun screen.

ST. THOMAS - Took a taxi to Sapphire Beach and snorkeled. $10 per person one way. Had our own equipment but could be rented there for $10 for entire day if needed. Snorkel, mask and fins. Shopped at Havensight Mall for liquor upon return to ship.

PUERTO RICO - This port was one that we believe requires an excursion. We visited the forts. $11.50 for taxi to furthest fort for entire family of 5. Free tram to second fort. $5 for ticket per person to both forts. Stopped at Senor Frog's on way back to ship. Birthday celebration and all had a great time. Friends did horseback riding in rain forest which they said was very nice.

GRAND TURK - Did the horseback riding excursion here. Run in the water was fun but lots of $$ for not much riding. Went to Margaritaville after the horseback riding but could not get a lounge chair. Need to get there early for a chair. We got lounges on the beach adjacent to the pool area which worked out fine but to really enjoy the action near the pool need to get there early as mentioned.

Now a little about the Triumph. This ship is very well kept even though it is headed for dry dock on 9/21. It is a bit awkward to find your way around the ship but you can always go to deck 6, 7 or 8 and then go your way. The crew was most friendly and helpful. We never had a problem with finding a lounge chair by the pool but on the last full sea day those trying to find a chair in the middle of the afternoon had to look a bit. The whirlpool by the main pool was always packed full with young kids so, head to the aft pool area which is less crowded if this is your pleasure Dinner in the Paris dining room was wonderful. Late seating. Never had a bad meal. Some were just better than others. Prime Rib was very good. Lobster was also good. Sushi, Deli and Pizza were popular venues. Edwin was our room steward and was the best! Very friendly and kept our soft drinks on ice in the room. The views from the balcony were tremendous and also provided some relaxing time late in the afternoons. Piano Bar at the Big Easy was fun late night after the show. We thought the entertainment in the Rome Lounge was very well done. The dancers put on 2 nice shows and the second was better than the first. It was a musical/dance review of music through the decades. The magician, hypnotist and Capone the comedian were all good as well. If you are looking for Broadway quality shows you may be disappointed but we were very satisfied.

DEBARKATION- went pretty smoothly for us. We were called early, about 8:15 or so. Proceeded to the Rome Lounge and waited for about 15 minutes and then were directed off the ship. We had lots of luggage with 5 people so we did not use self assist and found all our luggage right away. The porter helped and he took us to a customs line that we were through in less than 2 minutes. This cruise had lots of 18-20 year old young adults which was perfect for our family. All in all, a very nice week.

Thanks for the review, Rekfla, I sailed the eastern itinerary two years ago aboard the Elation. Absolutely loved Grand Turk. Never got out of Margaritaville. :) It had probably the best DJ I've seen. He got the crowd into it and kept everyone entertained and participating. I especially appreciate the review of the ship. I was concerned that since it was older and about to go into dry dock it might not be as nice as the Glory was. I should have realized that it was okay since I've seen the crew working like beavers on every Carnival ship I've cruised on. Darn, it will probably get the MUTS and we won't get to enjoy that until we sail on Princess in November.

I took the hint from your first post and read the FAQ. :D Found the roll call and read all the messages.

Ah, BGSU. I used to visit just for the beach. But that was a lifetime ago, and now I'm just an older guy learning how to relax again. I may have to go back to work just to support this cruising habit. :) Thanks for the tip.

Am I missing something?? The BGSU, Bowling Green State University 20 miles south of Toledo OH has a beach??? lol when did that happen. Thats why I knew Toledo so well, plus I moved there for a short time after I graduated.

We'll be with you on this cruise, Toledo. About 50 of us from Pa. Looking forward to this also, since its our first time on Carnival. Did RCL in Dec. and Princess in Apr. so we will be doing a bit of comparison. BTW, originally from Cleveland, but lived in LaGrange (Lorain Co.) the last 5 yrs. before moving here, 30 yrs. ago. See ya on board.

Am I missing something?? The BGSU, Bowling Green State University 20 miles south of Toledo OH has a beach??? lol when did that happen. Thats why I knew Toledo so well, plus I moved there for a short time after I graduated.

:D The young ladies used to sun outside the dorms. We naturally called that the beach. It was a great place for girl watching. I assume they had the row of dorms there when you were at BGSU.

Archived