NE/Canada, what to pack

REGINA

Regina, you should have an easier time then me. I'm in AZ and I'll be there Oct 5th. I will watch the weather and figure out how much warm clothes to bring (I get cold @ 75!) I will bring a couple pairs of pants for the days and wear them atleast twice and just change the shirt. Since I'll be on NCL I'm not going to bring all the dresses I usually bring. This will be such an easy pack for me for once. Good luck!

Happy cruising, Pam

We did this cruise last year at around the same time you plan to go. In terms of items that we would wear off the ship in port we made many decisions about a week before as we monitored the weather. There are years when the temperature is above normal during this time of the year or normal or below normal and that can make a differerence in terms of what to pack.

So, I would go to a weather internet site about a week before and look at the ten day forecast.

In terms of historical weather we use the following site but as I say I would also look at a ten day forecast as you get closer to the cruise.

http://www.wunderground.com/

Keith

Pack a single pair of walking shorts. They can be re-worn. Bring "layerable" clothing - short sleeve shirt under a sweater with slacks. These can be rotated so you have a different "look" every day. A light jacket for cooler breezes/rain/night time. Inside the ship will be fine in most areas.

:) Don't forget formal wear (if desired) for that night.

You didn't say where you were headed, so here is a site that has some useful information for various areas and times of the year: Canada Weather Event Guide

It is hard to do, but try not to overpack. (We haven't been successful yet. :p )

Regards,

Ted and Maggie

Archived