Availability of Bora Bora, Moorea, Tahiti Tours

ginagirl

We will be stopping for a day in each of these 3 ports; and even though we have been researching different tours, we are undecided on what to do, specifically with reference to how we will physcially feel on that specific day. So my question is, are tours being offered at the pier when you disembark in these locations? Can we make tour arrangements right there on the pier as we have in Hawaii, Mexico, etc?? We have seen this offering in many locations upon getting off the ship when it is in port; and have found it very convenient depending on how energetic we feel for that particular day. Any feedback would be so much appreciated. Thank you.:)

The one thing about the Tahitian ports is that there just aren't many games in town on some of the islands. Some islands have two or three major guides or companies and they get booked pretty quickly, like Bruno, Patrick and that mob. There are small companies, but they come and go at a whim. We did pickup a taxi at the Moorea port of call for a circle island tour and that worked out well as we got to see all the sights, but at half the cost.

You can try waiting and making some sort of an arrangement at the dock, but there is no guarantee that anything will be available or that there will be much variety. It's better to pre book and be assured of having something waiting for you.

Spikesgirl- I agree with you 100 percent. We were even lucky to get the last rental car in Moorea. There was a line of maybe 10 people behind us, that would not have cars for that day.

ginagirl- When are you going? I will be on the Oct 30 2008 cruise and have booked Marc in Huahine and Patrick in Bora Bora.

Spikesgirl- I agree with you 100 percent. We were even lucky to get the last rental car in Moorea. There was a line of maybe 10 people behind us, that would not have cars for that day.

ginagirl- When are you going? I will be on the Oct 30 2008 cruise and have booked Marc in Huahine and Patrick in Bora Bora.

So sorry, but although we will be there that same week, (Oct. 24, 25,26)we are on Celebrity Millennium. We would have loved to join your group.

Archived