jewel food quality

pasantia

Just got back from Baltic cruise on Jewel I would say the serivce is real good but very disappointed on the food quality on the free restaurant.Mass produce quality. We several dinners at Tzars everybody who order steak could not finished it because of poor grade meat. I can not speak re: Cagney. Tango food quality is also not good. Breakfast food is also subpar. They could not cook a decent pan cake or waffles at all.

Just got back from Baltic cruise on Jewel I would say the serivce is real good but very disappointed on the food quality on the free restaurant.Mass produce quality. We several dinners at Tzars everybody who order steak could not finished it because of poor grade meat. I can not speak re: Cagney. Tango food quality is also not good. Breakfast food is also subpar. They could not cook a decent pan cake or waffles at all.

We are also just back from the Jewel, and our food experience was the opposite. We were quite impressed with our meals and my girls had to have waffles every morning since they were so good!

food is so subjective, it is hard to judge, what one finds as the best ever, another will find as really un-edibal (spelling) almost. 20 plus cruises and we have never had a bad breakfast, buffet of dining room. On another line recently my eggs came out runny and the spinish they were served on (specialty of the day) was almost frozen. I didn't send it back because there were 8 at the table and everyone else was almost finished. The last morning, same ship was as bad. As for meat on NCL, we have had really good, good and not so good. One time (on the Jewel as a matter of fact) i sent a steak back because it was well done, not rare. I guess i pissed the cook off, the next one was cold and not even cooked on the outside. Still 10 days on the ship and overall the food was fine. As for the waffles, I don't usually get them, but most people rave about NCLs waffles, almost as much as Celebritys.

Nita

We were on the Jewel in June. We didn't like the food in Tzar's or Azur, it wasn't that good both in choice and quality - it was a struggle to find something we wanted to eat and quality was not very good (and my husband will eat anything). But we did like the food much better in the buffet. Many on our sailing commented that the food was much better in the fee restaurants and buffet then in the main dining rooms.

Eileen

We were on the 28th July sailing and found the food in the Free Dining Rooms to be very nice. Everything was cooked in the way we had requested and was hot and nicely presented. As you say food is very much a personal matter. We did see one lady return her meal as it "was cold" but she had been talking to the prople on the next table for 10minutes before she attempted to eat her food! :)

We were on the August 11th sailing.

Thought the buffets were great, but aside from a couple of days it was really hard to pick anything to eat from the menu in the Tsars/Azura restaurants. I'm a very good eater;) and usually clean my plate:D, but could not get through most of my serving when we ate there.

We ate at LeBistro once, and thought the menu was great and the food quality good.

I would suggest planing to spend extra on dinner if you want to enjoy your meal.

Just finished the Baltic cruise and as far as we were concerned the food was excellent. We ate in Tzars and in the Garden area and the food was very good.

We had a meal in Le Bistro and food was excellent along with the staff.

We also ate in Teppanyaki on the last night and again the food was excellent. Overall we had nothing to complain about except for the boring people who wanted to complain about everything. People should realise that this is a holiday and not home or a 5 star hotel.:

Guest Anorak33
I was of the opinion that with Freestyle 2.0 the quality of food in the main dinning rooms would be better. Did that not happen? This was my biggest complaint with Freestyle 1.0.

We were on Jewel just before 2.0 came in and just after and thought there was a marked improvement, specially in presentation and menus. Service was the same though.

We are back on in 10 days so will see what has happened in the 5 months since were last on.

Archived