Train from Miami Airport to Ft. Lauderdale Airport

sanrionjb

I saw online that there is a train that runs between Miami International and Ft. Lauderdale airports. Has anyone ever used this? Does the train stop right at the airports or do you have to walk far/cross busy streets with luggage? I ride the commuter train to work everyday and to the airport in Philly so things like crowds, scary people, and hauling luggage on board don't bother me.

I heard that the train is often running behind schedule- I have about 6 hours of time to kill so that shouldn't be too big of an issue either. It would be for just one person and doesn't involve getting to/from cruise ship terminals at all (I'm actually using it for a trip to Florida that doesn't involve cruising at all, but I thought this was a good place to ask people about it)

I saw online that there is a train that runs between Miami International and Ft.Lauderdale airports. Has anyone ever used this? Does the train stop right at the airports or do you have to walk far/cross busy streets with luggage? I ride the commuter train to work everyday and to the airport in Philly so things like crowds, scary people, and hauling luggage on board don't bother me.

I heard that the train is often running behind schedule- I have about 6 hours of time to kill so that shouldn't be too big of an issue either. It would be for just one person and doesn't involve getting to/from cruise ship terminals at all (I'm actually using it for a trip to Florida that doesn't involve cruising at all, but I thought this was a good place to ask people about it)

Are you talking about the TRI-RAIL?

If the answer is yes, you do not board it at the airport, it is quite a walk from there to the tri-rail station near Miami International Airport.

There might be a public transportation bus that will take you to the tri-rail stop, but I do not know that for sure.

If you don't know where you are going or what you are doing I do not advise it..it is unpredicatable, it will involve some sort of bus, and to save the stress you are better off popping the money for an alternative means.

Are you talking about the TRI-RAIL?

If the answer is yes, you do not board it at the airport, it is quite a walk from there to the tri-rail station near Miami International Airport.

There might be a public transportation bus that will take you to the tri-rail stop, but I do not know that for sure.

Yes, they do have a Tri-Rail shuttle at MIA. For more information, you can check out http://www.tri-rail.com/.

Archived