Rodeway Inn Jacksonville - how bad?

srobins

Okay, we have a group of 10 people cruising later this month out of Jacksonville. When I booked the airline tickets on Travelocity, I got this offer to get hotel with the air for quite a bit less than the airfare itself, so I booked it. Now I'm wondering if we should stay at this hotel - after reading the reviews on the Internet. We have made arrangements with the hotel staff to pay $18 each for a shuttle that will pick us up at the airport, take us to the hotel, to the pier the next am. and then from the pier back to the airport. We also plan to hire a shuttle driver to take us to Jacksonville Landing our first night there, so we really will only be in the hotel for an overnight. How bad will it be? Is it something we can tolerate for one night?

Is there anywhere close to eat breakfast? What about grocery or convenience store to stock up on soft drinks to take on board?

Any help appreciated...

Sherryl

Do you know if it's on Airport Road? We just stayed at a TravelLodge there and I would not stay there again. It was right off the highway. (95) If it's on Airport Road, there's a Walmart right there and a shopping plaza and lots of places to eat. I see it is on Airport road.

Archived