Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all of your opinions. My PVP said "He thought the room (2334) had two beds " !

Can't believe we can get that so cheap and as a 1A category !!!!

Charleyann:)

Edited by Charleyann

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all of your opinions. My PVP said "He thought the room (2334) had two beds " !

You'll love that cabin. My friend had 2335 as a single on our Destiny B2B last year and it is a steal in my opinion. It has a single bed on the floor and then a bunk above it. It also has a small couch, not big enough to sleep on, but nice for sitting on and watching tv or reading. There's also ton's of floor space.

The only issue she had was with the vibration from the thrusters when we pulled in and out of port, but it's not like you feel that all the time. It served as a great alarm clock on port days! :D

You'll love that cabin. My friend had 2335 as a single on our Destiny B2B last year and it is a steal in my opinion. It has a single bed on the floor and then a bunk above it. It also has a small couch, not big enough to sleep on, but nice for sitting on and watching tv or reading. There's also ton's of floor space.

The only issue she had was with the vibration from the thrusters when we pulled in and out of port, but it's not like you feel that all the time. It served as a great alarm clock on port days! :D

It is a 4 day cruise . So there will only 2 port days. One of the ports days the ship doesn't arrive until 1pm !!! LOL.....So , a little inconvoence for one day? I am an early riser and my son will sleep through anything .

That for all the great advice and opinions. Really do appreciate it !!!!

Thanks. This is what I booked! Is there two beds or bunks?

Thanks

Charleyann

One bed on the floor, and one crank-down from the ceiling. There is a sofa on the floor, but not one of those that can be properly converted into a bed (although I did take one unplanned nap on it). :)

I know for sure Triumph doesnt have two beds on the floor, so Im thinking neither does Destiny ... just my guess, bunks.

All the ones that had two beds on the floor for these were changed to 6Bs.

Score one for CC

Score zip for PVP

Score one for CC

Score zip for PVP

The beds don't matter. Crank down from the ceiling is cool. Just hope my 14 year old doesn't pee the bed :eek: .!!!!! Just kidding of course !!!!!

For $199.00 per person and with two picture windows.....I am game for a good cruise!

Charleyann:D

Edited by Charleyann

The beds don't matter. Crank down from the ceiling is cool. Just hope my 14 year old doesn't pee the bed :eek: .!!!!! Just kidding of course !!!!!

For $199.00 per person and with two picture windows.....I am game for a good cruise!

Wow, what a great rate ... Id be smiling.

btw the folks in the windowed 1A were CC members and told me they asked their cabin steward if he could bring a rollaway ...and he did. So no one had to climb in the upper bunk... worth a tip to the cabin steward if you really cant handle the upper?

Thanks. This is what I booked! Is there two beds or bunks?

Thanks

Charleyann

Check out this review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1009994&page=9

This lady had room 2335 on the Destiny, and she's got pictures of it in post #s 9 & 10. You can see for sure that it is one bed plus an upper, but there looks to be plenty of space.

Thanks to firefly and some others, my mom & I booked the same type of 1A room on the Triumph in Nov, and we're really looking forward to it. We wound up with a rate of $229pp, after price drops. It probably won't go any lower, but that's a great rate for a room with 2 windows!

btw the folks in the windowed 1A were CC members and told me they asked their cabin steward if he could bring a rollaway ...and he did. So no one had to climb in the upper bunk... worth a tip to the cabin steward if you really cant handle the upper?

Hey, thanks for that tip!

Charleyann

Has anyone stayed in stateroom #8357 on the Splendor? It is next to the staircase, so I wanted to know if it is noisy and the bed configuration.

Thanks

The deck plans make it look smaller than the standard inside rooms, so it's probably 160 sq.ft., which is standard for a 1A (although some are bigger). And it would be one regular bed plus an upper. Only the Conquest class has those 1A rooms in that location that are more than 185 sq.ft. with 2 regular beds (if I've heard correctly). Noise issues? I'm not sure. It would probably depend on your fellow passengers.

Has anyone stayed in U167 on Elation? It also a 1a. Great price at 199 for Nov.

I stayed in that cabin on a 3 day Baja cruise. It's a great cabin in a wonderful location - very quiet. It was my first inside cabin in a very long time and it made me re-think my need for an OV.

Enjoy!

I stayed in that cabin on a 3 day Baja cruise. It's a great cabin in a wonderful location - very quiet. It was my first inside cabin in a very long time and it made me re-think my need for an OV.

Enjoy!

I will. Thank you.

Has anyone stayed in U167 on Elation? It also a 1a. Great price at 199 for Nov.

I stayed directly above it (almost) in E183. I could hear noise when I was in the hallway from 2 floors up in the aft lounge, but I couldn't hear anything when inside the room. Upper deck will be even better. If you go with 173 or 175, there will be little to no foot-traffic passing by.

Also, since these 1As have no portholes, I encourage you to look into spending $20pp more and get a category PT room, with 2 beds plus portholes and 25 more sq.ft. (185 compared to 160). That's what I'll be going with, even as a solo, probably for 2012. I'll spend $40 extra to get an outside view plus a big bed.

The deck plans make it look smaller than the standard inside rooms, so it's probably 160 sq.ft., which is standard for a 1A (although some are bigger). And it would be one regular bed plus an upper. Only the Conquest class has those 1A rooms in that location that are more than 185 sq.ft. with 2 regular beds (if I've heard correctly). Noise issues? I'm not sure. It would probably depend on your fellow passengers.

Thanks for the reply. I was mostly wondering about elevator noise. It is about the same distance from the elevators as my last room on the Splendor, but configured differently. I could here the elevators all night long!

I would love to hear from someone who has stayed in this room.

• 1 month later...
1A's are confusing, at least to me, and it seems to be to other members on the Carnival forum. I have started different threads on the topic, and still have questions about other 1A cabins because they all seem to be unique. I thought it would be beneficial to have one thread dedicated to this topic with all the information you would want to know.

I have started by listing just about all the 1A cabin's by number on the different ship classes. I, for one, am especially interested to better understand which cabins have true upper/lowers, which one have 2 twin beds that are able to push together, and which have 1 bed and 1 convertible sofa. Also, which ones have portholes or other interesting info. Pictures, if anyone has them, are a plus (with ship and room #, of course)! :D Please contribute to my list and make any changes for errors I may have made.

Thanks for your contributions!! :D

CONQUEST CLASS

1207 fwd, starboard, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1208 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1211 fwd, starboard, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1212 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1426 aft

1435 aft

2201 fwd, SB, 1 bed and 1 CS

2202 fwd, port, 1 bed and 1 CS

2207 fwd, SB, 1 bed and 1 CS

2208 fwd, port, 1 bed and 1 CS

2211 fwd, SB, 1 bed and 1 CS, portholes

2212 fwd, port, 1 bed and 1 CS, portholes

2216 fwd, port, 1 bed and 1 CS, portholes

2217 fwd, SB, 1 bed and 1 CS, portholes

6224 fwd, port,

6227 fwd, SB,

6393 mid, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

7345 mid, SB,

8357 mid, SB

SPIRIT CLASS

1211 fwd, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

1247 aft, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

1249 aft, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

1255 aft, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

1257 aft, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

FANTASY CLASS

R50 mid

R52 mid

R54 mid

R56 mid

R58 mid

R60 mid

R62 mid

R64 mid

R66 mid

U167 aft

U169 aft

U171 aft

U173 aft

U175 aft

E181 aft

E183 aft

E185 aft

E187 aft

E189 aft

DESTINY

1101 fwd, SB, portholes

1102 fwd, port, portholes

1105 fwd, SB, portholes

1106 fwd, port, portholes

1306 aft, port

1309 aft, SB

2101 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 cCS, portholes

2102 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2105 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2106 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2334 aft

2335 aft

6126 fwd

6127 fwd

TRIUMPH CLASS

1201 fwd, SB, portholes

1202 fwd, port, portholes

1205 fwd, SB, portholes

1206 fwd, port, portholes

1402 aft, port

1405 aft, SB

2201 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 CS

2202 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS

2207 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 CS

2208 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS

2211 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2212 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2217 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2216 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2444 aft

2445 aft

6226 fwd

6227 fwd

Good info worth repeating as the info on the carnival site regarding many 1As is incorrect as those of us who have stayed in them know.

• 1 month later...

I am smiling even more. With my ES the rate dropped to an amazing $169.00 per person ! A room with two pictures windows....couldn't ask for anymore....

Edited by Charleyann

Now that the 150% is gone, it will free 1As up a lot I suspect. ...more price drops to come. I had a 1A and got one on Conquest. Previously 1As had been booked well in advance.

Awesome...Trying to get 1A for March 7/2011 Destiny sailing( our March break)...it is not showing any. Or is that because of the new site. Does it show 1A?

Thanks Firefly!

Charleyann