Thinking of changing cabins... help!

UsernameNotTaken

I booked a Carnival cruise in May and am considering changing cabin categories but the fuel surcharges have gone up significantly since I booked and changing cabins would mean re-booking at the higher surcharges. I asked the PVP if the surcharges might go down if fuel prices drop and if they would adjust my price but she couldn't (or wouldn't) say. Has anyone asked their TA or PVP this question and gotten a firmer answer?

Also, the change I'm contemplating is from a standard balcony cabin on Verandah deck, mid-ship on Triumph to an OV on the Spa deck -- it's one of those "family staterooms". (I've confirmed that these will not become balcony cabins while Triumph is in dry-dock.) Is 185 sq. feet to 230 sq. feet worth giving up the balcony for? We're a family of 3 -- my husband's a big guy but also a cigar smoker... I lose most of the savings from going from 8C to 6E in the increased fuel surcharges -- it's now just a $75 savings.

I booked a Carnival cruise in May and am considering changing cabin categories but the fuel surcharges have gone up significantly since I booked and changing cabins would mean re-booking at the higher surcharges. I asked the PVP if the surcharges might go down if fuel prices drop and if they would adjust my price but she couldn't (or wouldn't) say. Has anyone asked their TA or PVP this question and gotten a firmer answer?

Also, the change I'm contemplating is from a standard balcony cabin on Verandah deck, mid-ship on Triumph to an OV on the Spa deck -- it's one of those "family staterooms". (I've confirmed that these will not become balcony cabins while Triumph is in dry-dock.) Is 185 sq. feet to 230 sq. feet worth giving up the balcony for? We're a family of 3 -- my husband's a big guy but also a cigar smoker... I lose most of the savings from going from 8C to 6E in the increased fuel surcharges -- it's now just a $75 savings.

\

I went from an 8B to an 8D and a few months ago, after the latest fuel surcharge and was able to do so without incurring the new charge. I think it all depends on who you speak with, I have heard some get assessed the new fee others do not.

I personally love the balcony so I am probably not much help with that decision. I think its great for us when one is getting ready and the other is waiting :)

Archived