Soverign of the Seas

tj1201

You all are making me feel much better about not being able to sail the Mariner again next spring... I'm looking at the Sovereign instead. My concern is the cabins... and the fact that there aren't balconies... but at least there are windows, right? We had a Promenade room on the Mariner, and hated not knowing what time of day it was! Must be on the outside!

How is the motion on the ship? I got seasick on Disney, but barely felt the motion on Mariner.

Mariner or Disney Wonder 3/27/05

Mariner of the Seas 4/11/04

Disney Magic 12/01/01

I just posted a long review of the sovereign- we just got back yesterday- unfortunately my opinions were mostly negative. We had others in our group that had been on the cruise before and loved it- and they were so upset about the bad quality and service that they are drafting a letter to RCCL.

As far as the motion of the ship.. I would suggest booking a cabin that is lower and in the middle as SOS is an older ship and does not have all the stabalizers that the new ones have.. But don't worry it is not bad my momwho gets horribly sick never has aproblem on SOS she just wears her patch and AlWAYS books in the middle.. The front can be a bit rocky....

We were on the Sovereign in late March/early April and we had a blast! It was our first cruise and it definently won't be our last with RCI! SOS is an older ship, but that didn't bother us in the least. We went on the cruise to relax and that is exactly what we did. The staff was great, the food was great and we had a ball at the shows! You are in for a real treat on the SOS and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. My Mom has cruised Carnival, but never RCI and after our cruise, she wants to go on an RCI ship! I hope Keith is your Cruise Director on your trip. He is a blast! Just go with the expectations that you will have fun and I promise you will! Coco Cay is gorgeous and I hope you get to stop there. It's a tropical paradise! (We even saw a dolphin while we were on the tender!) Have a great trip!

Sovereign of the Seas 3/04

Archived