Liberty H2O Zone Question

cruisingwith6

Hi! We are sailing the Liberty of the Seas in November. I am starting to worry about the itinerary. We will visit three ports but our stop in San Juan is just a few hours one evening so really we will only be off the ship for beach time in St Maarten and Labadee. We are used to a port intensive itinerary so am hoping to find lots for us to do with the kids during the day. As we usually cruise in the summer, not fall, I know in the summer the pools and weather are warm enough to swim but not sure about late November. Ok..here are my questions:

Our kids will be 17, 14, 12 and 9. Are the older kids too old for the H2O Zone? I can't tell by the pictures that I have found if it is mostly for the younger kids...

Anyone sailed in the fall on the Liberty to know if it will be warm enough in the Caribbean to enjoy the H2O Zone?

Thanks!

We cruised on the Liberty last November and had no problem using the pools. It was warm enough but some days were quit windy. That didn't stop us though :) Your kids are not too old for the H2O Zone, even adults use it. However, I think they might enjoy the main and sports pools better. The H2O Zone is geared more towards the younger kids. There are a couple of hot tubs in the H2O Zone that they would probably enjoy though.

We did an Eastern Caribbean cruise in November a few years ago. It rained almost the entire trip! But the one day the sun was out, it was definitely warm enough to go swimming. Although after all that rain, the water was cold, so we had to stay on the beach!

In the Caribbean, it's warm all year. True, the beaches may be a bit cool if you're used to warmer water (northeners will still be swimming!!!) but the pool is fine. Kids will swim until they turn blue with cold, and adults may not feel the need to ever get wet, but you'll still catch some rays and have a great time!

Thanks for the help! We had a LOT of rain on our cruise in July so hope the sun comes out for November :)

Glad to know that at least when it is not raining it will be warm enough to be on the pool deck!

I read that there is a small waterfall and a lazy river? Do you recommend bringing anything from home to play with in the water?

My boys LOVE water guns too and I think I read that there were water guns to spray?

I attached some pictures of the H2O zone from our Liberty cruise last year. There are water gun-type things, sprayers and waterfalls. What they call a lazy river is probably not what you are thinking. It is a small circle/donut with a current that kids can wade and walk around- not big enough for tubes.

In the first photo, it is on the left bottom of the photo. I wouldn't bother bringing any toys. They would just take up precious packing space. Enjoy your cruise :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=77050&d=1208814008

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=77049&d=1208813978

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=77048&d=1208813953

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=77047&d=1208813926

Archived