Princess Sale??

Shamrock359

Does anyone know when the next Princess sale will be? I want to book for next fall, but the deposits are high. I know during the sale the deposits drop to like $200. Why is booking through Princess directly so much more expensive than with a TA? The cruise I'm looking at is about $600 cheaper using the TA. Thanks for the help.

Check various on-line TA's for low-deposit promotions. They seem to come around once every 4-6 weeks, and they sometimes rotate. One agency will have it one week, and another the next.

It is almost always more expensive to book through Princess. Agencies that do a large volume of business can discount part of their commission back, but many also have charges for cancellation and will try to steer you towards purchasing non-refundable insurance at the time of booking.

Does anyone know when the next Princess sale will be? I want to book for next fall, but the deposits are high. I know during the sale the deposits drop to like $200. Why is booking through Princess directly so much more expensive than with a TA? The cruise I'm looking at is about $600 cheaper using the TA. Thanks for the help.

I agree with Rob, they are offered by different agencies at different times throughout the year. No method actually to when or who will offer the lower deposits. I would check some of the larger agents online as they will normally post a date (if one is coming up soon) when they offer the 'sale' on lowered deposits, and some also offer shipboard credits too. Good Luck!

Shamrock, once you get your cruise booked and onboard, don't forget your Future Cruise Credits. Gives you the low deposit for your next Princess Cruise - they are good for 4 years.:) You also get an onboard credit once you use them. And if you decide you do not want to use them, Princess will refund your money before the 4 year time period.

To me ithe FCCs are Its all Good.

We always buy two, our TA will use one FCC for me and able to get the same deposit for DH.:cool:

Shamrock, once you get your cruise booked and onboard, don't forget your Future Cruise Credits. Gives you the low deposit for your next Princess Cruise - they are good for 4 years.:) You also get an onboard credit once you use them. And if you decide you do not want to use them, Princess will refund your money before the 4 year time period.

To me ithe FCCs are Its all Good.

We always buy two, our TA will use one FCC for me and able to get the same deposit for DH.:cool:

Definitely! I am kicking myself now for not getting them on the last Princess cruise.

Thanks to all of you for the advice. I'm still watching every day, and I am sure they'll drop soon.

When I called and book at cruise just a few weeks ago for next July... the Princess rep told me the fees for your deposit were changing. Instead of a blanket rate they are now charging something about 10%. I know we booked a 4K trip and it was about $700 that included all taxes and fees and what not and the deposit. That was for 2 of us on an Alaskan cruise.

Archived