NCL Sea cruisers.....

Greenapple

For those NCL Sea cruisers, is anyone planning to take a trip to Isla Mujeres when in Cancun? It is a little island just off the coast of Cancun. The 'Cancun' board is really slow and there is not much info on the island.... so I thought I'd post here as there seems to be a lot of NCL cruisers on this board.

Does anyone know if this is a good place to go, or are you better off staying on the cancun beaches??

I can't decide about Cancun. Seems like it's the one port that often doesn't make it in due to rough seas. I am leaning on doing some sort of ship excursion so that if it is cancelled we would get our money refunded. We're going to be there on New Years eve, wonder if that will make a difference.

Unfortunately our snorkeling trip in Belize was cancelled. We quickly got back on the ship and got the Drift Snorkel, can't remember the exact name, in Cancun through the Dive In group on the Sea. It was wonderful and cost $39.

Three hour drift snorkel with Dive In rep on board the ship. Tendered in early about 8:00 a.m. Caught the snorkel boat at the dock and we were on our way. Great captain -- dropped us off about one mile from the pickup spot and we drifted with the current over the coral. They had three crew members in the water with us. Life vest mandatory but was not a real bother. Beautiful fish. Got back on the boat at the lighthouse and then cruised the coastline of Isla for a while seeing all the beautiful scenery. Beer and soft drinks offered on the boat on the return. Dropped off at the tender dock on Cancun. Spent some time on the beach at Fat Tuesdays (great nachos and beer) and then back to the ship. Never went into town.

We were really disappointed to miss the snorkel in Belize, but this certainly made it better.

Archived