Cell Phone questions

Terry305

I need to call DD from the cruise since she is not going:( .

We have 2 phones one is with T mobile the other with a company called MetroPCs, do you know if they worked in the sea?? also will they work in Cozumel??

Thanks

Terry

Check with the carriers - but I am pretty sure that T-Mobile will work. I think they give you a pretty hefty upcharge on top of the 2.49 charged while using the tower on the ship. I seem to remember other T-Mobile users getting charged 4.99 :eek: - but I might be wrong.

See if either of the carriers offer an international plan that can be put on your account while you travel and then taken off when you get back.

I just got back from the Glory a couple of weeks ago. I don't have T-Mobile, I have Verizon, but, I was charged 2.49 per minute because my DD decided she needed to talk to her boyfriend while we were there. Which is a whole other story, but, it's 2.49 per minute the cruise line charges. I'm not sure if the phone company charges additional fees for roaming though.

Gina

I just called my carrier, AT&T to make sure I was "all set" for international calling.

After verifying my phone was capable of sending and receiving international calls, I was told calls on the ship will cost $2.49 per minute.

I was also told that the ship turns off their network 8 miles before reaching port. At that time you will be switching to a Mexican network. To make and receive calls in Mexico it will cost an additional .99 per minute. AT&T rep said to look at your phone and when the name switches from AT&T to some other name (sorry I can't remember what he said) you will then be on the higher Mexican rate.

Important: If you have an iPhone make sure your data roaming is turned off

Just to clarify, the SHIP does not charge you for using your cell phone onboard, your Carrier does. T-Mobile is $4.99 per minute. Verizon, ATT and the other majors are $2.49 per minute.

You have to have an international capable phone and set up international dialing with your calling plan before it can work.

I need to call DD from the cruise since she is not going:( .

We have 2 phones one is with T mobile the other with a company called MetroPCs, do you know if they worked in the sea?? also will they work in Cozumel??

Thanks

Terry

T-Mobile:

http://www.t-mobile.com/International/RoamingOverview.aspx?tp=Inl_Tab_RoamWorldwide

Archived