I just got a free upgrade on the Spirit!

batt01

Hi,

I can't believe it. We are booked on the Spirit this weekend out of NYC. We booked several months ago in an inside stateroom for three people. Last week I noticed that the rates had dropped so that balcony cabins were now less expensive than what we paid. I called my TA who called NCL. NCL agreed to upgrade us, however a balcony that would fit three people was not available. So NCL "approved" the upgrade if a suitable cabin were to come available. My wonderful ta has been calling NCL twice a day to see if any balcony cabin for three would open up. I was playing around this afternoon and went to ncl.com and plugged in three people in a balcony cabin and two available cabins showed as available. I called my TA right away and left her a message. I had to run out to pick up my kids from school and when I got back I had a message from my ta that, indeed, she arranged our upgrade to a BE cabin (originally an II)! In fact, she had been on the phone with NCL when I left my message with her!

Wow - we are new to NCL and realize that this very rarely happens. This is also the first time using this TA so I don't know if she has an "in" or not. In any case - wahoo!

Hi,

I can't believe it. We are booked on the Spirit this weekend out of NYC. We booked several months ago in an inside stateroom for three people. Last week I noticed that the rates had dropped so that balcony cabins were now less expensive than what we paid. I called my TA who called NCL. NCL agreed to upgrade us, however a balcony that would fit three people was not available. So NCL "approved" the upgrade if a suitable cabin were to come available. My wonderful ta has been calling NCL twice a day to see if any balcony cabin for three would open up. I was playing around this afternoon and went to ncl.com and plugged in three people in a balcony cabin and two available cabins showed as available. I called my TA right away and left her a message. I had to run out to pick up my kids from school and when I got back I had a message from my ta that, indeed, she arranged our upgrade to a BE cabin (originally an II)! In fact, she had been on the phone with NCL when I left my message with her!

Wow - we are new to NCL and realize that this very rarely happens. This is also the first time using this TA so I don't know if she has an "in" or not. In any case - wahoo!

Good for you! That's a nice surprise I'm sure.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

I have booked a BA guarantee on the spirit for the 9/21 sailing. All of the balconies are booked. I called NCL to see if I could get an upgrade but she said they ussually do not upgrade to suites!!! So I would appreciate if some one could tell me why a BA guarantee is even an option if there is basically no chance of an upgrade?

I have been upgraded from a BA to a suite. I would think, if all the balconies are booked, that there will be upgrades. They upgrade if there is a demand for rooms at that level you're upgraded from to create openings in the lower level. More often than not all the balcony rooms are not fully booked so they don't upgrade. THis is what a hotel manager told me. I've been up since 5 AM with a couple of my Grandkids so if I'm not making any sense blame them.

Archived