30 lbs to New Years!!

Litewait

I got my water boiling too!

My scales are stuck. My weight has not changed a bit since Monday... not good, not bad, not even a 10th of a pound. This is really the first time I have hit a plateau and I don't like it very well. I was convinced I would be in the next decade when we report on Monday. Heck, I'm going in there to double my water now ... double dosage of green tea for me. :D

Don't get too discouraged when you change scales. They can all weigh you differently. However, I do believe everyone should have scales that weight you up to a 1/10 lb. And remember - we all go through plateaus. Hopefully everyone's scales will move some before Thanksgiving.

Soccer game was good - we won - only 2nd time this season that we've won...... I had told my grandson that I wanted him to score a goal for my birthday. He score twice!!! I was a very proud Nana.

Did Zumba twice today for a total of about 30 minutes. I'm actually getting the hang of it! Then again .... still doing the beginners dvd. I've never had a lot of rhythm but hopefully by going through these different steps I will have more rhythm and be ready to go dancing on the cruise!

For those of you going on a cruise in the next couple months, which ports are you going to in December and what excursions have you decided on?

Marlene

Congrats on your grandson's win and especially his two goals. How old is this grandson?

I didn't have any green tea to drink last night, but I made chili (93% lean ground beef, of course) and a bowl of that seemed to have the same effect :o.

Those crazy new scales said that I'd gained .6 pounds between weighing on them downstairs in the kitchen and upstairs in the bathroom (their permanent home, unless I throw them out the window)!!! But, I got back on them this morning and I weighed 165.4 with no clothes on. So naturally, they think I lost a lot overnight. I think I need to reset the scale and start all over again so that I'll have an accurate tally of weight LOSS (not gain).

Don't worry about the plateau(s), Robin. Just keep on keeping on and even if you don't lose pounds, you'll gain muscle, which is a whole lot better than FAT.

We leave on our 7-night Western Caribbean cruise on Sunday, December 14th. We will be at sea on the 15th, in Haiti (the part that RCI calls its "private island") on Tuesday (16th) where hubby will do the zipline (and I'll watch from below) and we'll both lay on floating mats for a little while (can't get sunburnt at the first port), probably drinking a Labadoozie (we'll be in Labadee, Haiti; I have no idea what a Labadoozie is, but I'm determined to try one -- and gain a pound or two). On Wednesday (17th) we'll be in Ocho Rios, Jamaica and we're both going to go snorkeling (he'll probably watch from the boat) and to climb the Dunns River Falls. Thursday, we'll be in Georgetown, Grand Cayman where we'll snorkel again and go to Stingray City. We have reservations in one of RCI's specialty restaurants ("Chops") that night. We are going to be in Cozumel, Mexico on Friday and we do not have anything planned for that day. We may end up on a public beach and hubby may go parasailing (again, I'll be on the ground), but we figured we'd be tired by then and didn't want to do anything exhaustedly. We're back at sea on Saturday and home on Sunday (21st).

Now, if I can just get all the things on my to do list done in the next three weeks, I'll be READY for a cruise! With Thanksgiving, Christmas (& 6 grandchildren so far), three parties, etc., there's a LOT to do.

Have a GREAT weekend!

B

We are just doing a 4 night leaving the 29th returning the 2nd. It goes to Catalina and Cabo. Both places we like. Haven't been to Catalina in years.

Our big on is in April. 7 days on the Mariner to Cabo, Puerto Vallata and Mazatlan. Haven't done that iten in about 6 years, so almost new. New ship for us to, thats almost more exciting.:p

Hope everyone is doing good this week. I was at 150 again this morning. DO you ever get where once you drop, you almost don't want to eat affraid it's gonna go up again? I get nervous. This is the most successful I've been dieting in the 3 years. I am so afraid I'll gain.:o

Happy Cruising & Losing!

Donna

Robin, I thought I posted this. If I didn't, I dreamed I did! The new baby (due in April) is another boy. He'll make our 6th boy and only one girl. We were all hoping for a girl, but we will love him anyway. The best news is that everything looked exactly as it should for an 18-week gestation. His Mommy works with exceptional children (she's a sign language interpreter) and she had herself worked into a tizzy, worrying that something would be wrong. So, the news that nothing's wrong outweighed the "disappointment" that he's a boy. At least we know ahead of time. When I had babies, my (ex) husband was saying "Push, she's coming" both times, but when "she" came out BOTH TIMES, "she" had an extra appendage that wouldn't look right on a girl. I have a step-daughter, but she was 11 (now 31) when I met her, and she has a mother who was determined that I would not be a part of her life, so it was never quite the same as having your own little baby girl. Babies are always fun regardless, though. It's when they get old enough to talk back that it gets to be not so fun!

Sadly, today is a "hungry day". :( I had a protein bullet for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and I just finished a Zone bar. I guess that's not too terribly bad, compared to what I used to eat!

Happy Friday!

B

I meant to tell you -- I bought all the ingredients for the low-fat banana pudding yesterday. If I don't make it this weekend, I'll definitely make it for Thanksgiving. Fortunately, I'm not fond of bananas, so maybe I'll be able to stay away from it. I bought one pack of vanilla, and one pack of banana flavored pudding; I hope that doesn't mess it up.

Hey all you Twigs:

Sounds like you guys are rocking on weight loss! Way to go!

Haven't stopped in to say much lately - been going to physical therapy for neck problem and this is our BUSY time of year at work. Come home eat and head to bed. The big black tie charity benefit and auction/raffle etc we run every year is tomorrow (at Trump Tower in Chicago) so things will slow down at work a(for a long winters nap) till next big deal in February.

Minimal progress on the weight loss - but I am starting to feel a bit better thanks to the PT. (Just had session number 7 and it is helping :) Promise to go back and read the posts and catch up with what's been going on. Took a quick glance and noticed Happy Birthday Marlene! is in order. :D

Hi to all!

Mango

Nana #2 - My grandson that plays soccer is 9. I have a granddaughter almost 6 and then a grandson that is almost 3. Also, I had a bowl of chili for supper tonight. Must be something in the air......

Litewait - I know exactly how you feel - when you are so afraid to eat, afraid your weight will jump back up. I didn't eat much all day today because I had finally lost a little and wanted to keep it going. It's definitely a mental thing.

We're going on a 7 day Western Carribean cruise on Carnival but our ports are very different. We go to Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya and Nassau.

Had something wierd happen Friday night. On our roll call threat, there's a guy who joined us after changing his cruise because his daughter was due to have a baby on 11/28. So Friday evening (about 8:00 EST/5:00 Pacific where he lives) I posted asking if there was any baby news yet. He quickly responded (with his pregnant daughter sitting there with him) that no news yet, the baby was due the 28th. They were hoping to move into their new home before the baby came and meanwhile living with him. Next morning, we had a post that the baby was born at 11:52 PM Pacific time. He said right after he posted, his daughter went into labor and had the baby about an hour after getting to the hospital. So strange - kind of made me feel I have ESP or something.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and stays strong to all those temptations. Look forward to hearing about everyone's progress on Monday!

Marlene

Hi Mango - been missing you. Thank you for the birthday greeting! Curious - what type of work do you do? Do you live in Chicago? The company I work for has their headquarters in Chicago (555 West Adams).

Sorry to hear about all your neck problems but hopefully they can get that cleared up soon so you can have a pain free and enjoyable cruise.

Marlene

Saw this on another post and thought you might be interested in it.

Yummy pumpkin dessert

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I would share a recipe that I just made a few minutes ago. It will be great for Thanksgiving and fits in alot of diet plans.

2 cups skim milk (I used soy milk because it is lower in sugar and carbs)

2 sm. boxes sugar free vanilla pudding(instant)

1 small can (15 oz.)pumpkin

1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

1 tub cool whip (lite or SF)

Mix pudding and milk for about 2 min. then add the rest of the stuff....voila!!!

It's 2 pts. on WeightWatchers.

You could even pour it into a graham cracker crust, of course that would add calories and carbs, but it still wouldn't be as bad as other desserts.

Sounds like a great job, Mango. It has to be very rewarding. I have a friend at our church that heads up fund raising events for the heart association all across the U.S. Yes, our HQ is in Chicago, but locations through the US. 3 years ago they came and asked me what I would think about working out of my home. I was so excited!! I work for one of those companies people love to hate.....a major credit bureau.

Marlene

Get to work from home - you LUCKY dog you! Now I'm GREEN with envy. That would be soooooo nice :D:D:D

Have to start getting myself together for tonight (benefit). You know - pull it all together and get my show on the road. First I am putting a cake in the oven for Hub - he always seems to feel left out when I do have these things. Thought it would be cute to bake him a special treat. If I get a decent picture (usually dislike my pics) I will post one. Staying at my daughters tonight (she lives in a high rise in downtown Chicago) Works out well since I get time with her and don't have to make long ride home in the wee hours.

Fancy dinner that will be way too much food but I am planning on eating some light stuff before hand so I don't get piggy. After all, I am a Twig in Training.

Mango

It's about 4 o'clock. I bet Mango is looking beautiful right now getting ready for the black tie event. I hope she takes pictures.

I have been having fun with Mary Kay online. They have a virtual image program. You take a picture of yourself with hair pulled back and no make-up. THAT SURE WAS UGLY. Then you get to try out different make-up colors and pick out a new hair style and color. In the end... I looked pretty darn hot. Now, if only I could recreate that image. It was very easy and I spent entirely too much time playing but it made me want to go buy some Mary Kay. I even printed out some finished pictures of myself with different hair styles to take to my salon.

So are you changing your hair color - cutting your hair???? Sounds like fun. I'll have to check it out, after I lose a little more weight.

Robin - we gotta get together next week so I can pay balance of my cruise.

I look forward to seeing pictures of you, Mango. I'm sure by now you are all decked out. So I'll just say "hope you have/had a wonderful time!"

Marlene

T.I.T.

Well, this was the worst week I had so far. I hit a plateu for about 4 days where the scales just refused to move. At least I went into the next decade even though it was only a 2.2 loss.

SW 241.5

Last Week 221.0

CW 218.8 (Week 6)

GW by 1/17 - 210

GW by 10/31 -170

I'd be very happy to lose 2.2 lbs every week and that was with a plateau, which we all know come as part of the process of losing. I think that's great and you should be very proud of that loss this week. Remember you have lost that initial fluid weight that results in the large amounts at the very beginning. Get your calendar or spreadsheet out out - calculate 2.2 lbs a week between now and the cruise and see what you come up with! As long as your scales are going down each week, you are headed in the right direction. At least that's what I keep telling myself. I want so much to get to the next decade. That "7" has been bouncing all over the place like a yo yo. I ended the week with a 1.8 lb loss. I'm happy with that since I got to a 1.4 lb loss earlier in the week and then my weight went in the wrong direction. I was afraid today would be an awful day.

SW: 197.6 (9/6/08)

LW: 172.8 (11/17/08)

CW: 171.0 (11 weeks)

GW: 167.6* (30 lbs by Christmas)

157.6 (40 lbs by cruise on 2/21/08)

I'm keeping fingers crossed that I can exceed these goals, but this is what my initial goals were and I want to reach these first before I re-do them. With all the plateaus I've been having and the holidays coming up, I don't want to change them and get discouraged when I can't meet the new goal.

Marlene

Member of T.I.T. Club

Well~ I had a bad weakend and I'm still paying for it. I helped a neighbor with an Estate sale last week/ On Thursday night she brought over brownies. My DD said "mom, I know you've been dieting, but you have to eat one, these are the best brownies I have ever had!"

So, I had 2 and then 2 on Fri & 2 on Sat. Thank goodness they are gone! However in the meantime..

I went from 150 to 153:eek: I even walked alot, today I was back at 152. So a net gain of 2 lbs this past week. I am so mad at myself! Yesterday, I really cut back to hope fully get it off, but I guess it will be another couple of days.

SW: 171 (9/1/08)

LW: 151.3 (as of 11/10/08)

CW: 152.2 11/17/08:(

Total Loss in 11 weeks: 20 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GW: 150 by Thanksgiving ( I was there for 2 days and then brownies, DAMN!)

GW: 145 lbs 12/29 Cruise (total 26 lbs.)

GW: 135 lbs by 4/05/09 cruise (total 36 lbs) We will see when I get there, this may be to low for my height)

So, here's to a better week!

Happy Cruising & Losing!

Donna

Donna,

We all have those kind of weeks. I think if we didn't ever go off the diet - TEMPORARILY - we'd go insane and probably drop this whole diet deal. I bet if you watch what you eat and drink lots of water for the next 3 days, those 2 lbs will be off by Thanksgiving. My weight always does that for about 4 days when I eat beyond my normal diet. Good luck!

Marlene

Those stupid new scales I got said I'd gained TWO POUNDS since Friday! I've been sick (cold symptoms) over the weekend, so I have eaten next to nothing. Now, exercise has been out of the question, too, so maybe that's the problem. At any rate, I really don't like my new scales!

I have a "duh" question. I notice everywhere throughout cruise critic's website that a husband is referred to as DH, daughter as DD, etc. What does the D stand for???

Gotta go; I'll check back in later.

B

nana #2:

You probably didn't feel like drinking a lot of "water" either. Who wants "water" when they are sick. Drink lots of water the next few days and start moving around, and I bet the weight will come right back off - in time for Thanksgiving.

Marlene

Well, I complained about gaining two pounds, said I had to go, and I went to my husband's company for their Thanksgiving lunch!!! Of course there were no vegetable trays or plain green beans or a salad to eat there, and I even ate 1/2 of a small piece of pecan pie and a sliver of peanut butter pie!!! What was I thinking?

I don't drink much water. I drink decaf everything, but not much water at all. Only when I'm at my thirstiest does water do it for me.

Oh well; I kept saying if I didn't slow down on the weight loss I wouldn't have any clothes to wear on the cruise (again), so maybe the pie(s) will help me hold my shorts up while I'm on vacation! :(

See? There's a positive side to everything! :o

B

Archived