extra bag?

Georgia-boy

Clarification please. Are you asking about Delta? If you booked your tickets before July 31, 2008, for travel on or after August 5, 2008, you will not have to pay this fee. You can pay with cash or credit at the ticket counter. It appears you may pay for excess baggage when you on-line check-in, but the webpage is not clear on this. I'd call Delta and ask.

Here's a link to the page explaining excess baggage chargeson Delta's website:

http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/baggage/baggage_allowance/excess_baggage/index.jsp

If you do curbside check-in, you will be charged a $3 curb administrative fee per bag - cash only. This does not include the sky cap gratuity.

Am I wrong. The way I read Delta's excess baggage fees; You pay if you purchased tickets before July 31, 2008.

Is that not what it says?

Charles

No, that's not what it says; that would make absolutely no sense.

Direct from Delta's webpage:

For tickets purchased on or after July 31, 2008, for travel on or after August 5, 2008, the baggage fees will be changing. See below for exact fees. No more than four checked bags will be allowed in all Delta Connection® carriers.

You'll be charged an excess baggage fee each time you go over any one of the free allowances.

Archived