Carnival Spirit (Mexico)-Time change question

Z'Loth

This is going to sound a bit stupid, but I have to ask...

Since San Diego is in the Pacific Time zone while the ports of call for the Spirit are in the Central Time zone, how is the time change handled? One hour over two nights, or two hours over one night.

When my mother and I took the Mexican cruise on the Elation in '03, it was just a hour change, but at the first port, we were warned about hour difference between port and ship time, and the joke on the Unimog (?) trip was that we went outside the city and the tour guide announced, "You're now in mountain time."

This is going to sound a bit stupid' date=' but I have to ask...

Since San Diego is in the Pacific Time zone while the ports of call for the Spirit are in the Central Time zone, how is the time change handled? One hour over two nights, or two hours over one night.

When my mother and I took the Mexican cruise on the Elation in '03, it was just a hour change, but at the first port, we were warned about hour difference between port and ship time, and the joke on the Unimog (?) trip was that we went outside the city and the tour guide announced, "You're now in mountain time."[/quote']

One hour over two nights with the Pride from LA... Little confused about your comment about the Elation in 03, since that followed the same one hour for the first two nights also...

This is going to sound a bit stupid' date=' but I have to ask...

When my mother and I took the Mexican cruise on the Elation in '03, it was just a hour change, but at the first port, we were warned about hour difference between port and ship time, and the joke on the Unimog (?) trip was that we went outside the city and the tour guide announced, "You're now in mountain time."[/quote']

just got back... all's i can say, REMEMBER SHIP TIME!!!!!!!! you'll know what i mean once you take your cruise.. but you will move your WATCH one hour ahead.... once again, REMEMBER SHIP TIME!!!

funny, when we got back home, my kids would ask, 'what time is it'? i would give them the time and they would ask, 'is that ship time or 'normal' time'!? you'll know what i mean once you get there!

One hour over two nights with the Pride from LA... Little confused about your comment about the Elation in 03, since that followed the same one hour for the first two nights also...
During the ports of calls, the ship observed Mountain instead of Pacific time. Puerto Vallarta, however, observed Central time. So, we were warned about the hour difference between ship time and shore time.

However, the line which divides Mexico into Mountain and Central time zones is just north of PV.

I agree with klfhngr -- REMEMBER SHIP TIME. The ship works off of one time but the shore guide, the shops and resorts will be an hour different.

For whatever reason we were only asked to set our watches ahead one hour before arriving in Acapulco last week. After leaving Manzanillo we were told to pust them back to Pacific time. What this does is cause confusion in the ports since the time on ship is one hour different from the time on shore. This became particularly confusing when the shore excursion guide would deviate from his itinerary, which they do often, to include an extra shopping stop or photo op. We were constantly asking what time it was, and whose time it was.

Well, my watch can keep track of time in two time zones. If it turns out that there is only a one hour time correction instead of two, then I'll set T1 to be ship time, and T2 to be shore time.

Archived