Captain's Cocktail party and cash deposit?

sp29488

I was wondering if someone can tell me where they hold the captain's cocktail party for the smaller ships like Fascination, Fantasy, etc. I know that on the ones we've been on (Glory, Liberty, Triumph) They were held in the lounge in the back of the ship and also in the Disco, etc. I was wondering if they did this on the smaller ships. We've sailed on Fantasy and Imagination but it's been so long ago I can't remember. For some reason I'm thinking it was in the show lounge.

Also, I'm asking this question for my brother that 's going on his first cruise is a month. (We've always put down a credit card for our S&S) He's going to put down cash for his S&S. What is the procedure? Do they put the cash down when they check in at the pier or do they need to go to the purser's desk when they board and put the money down? Also, if they have money left over at the end do they need to go to the purser's desk or will they have a check left at their room the last night with their statement?

Thanks for the help.

I was wondering if someone can tell me where they hold the captain's cocktail party for the smaller ships like Fascination, Fantasy, etc. I know that on the ones we've been on (Glory, Liberty, Triumph) They were held in the lounge in the back of the ship and also in the Disco, etc. I was wondering if they did this on the smaller ships. We've sailed on Fantasy and Imagination but it's been so long ago I can't remember. For some reason I'm thinking it was in the show lounge.

Also, I'm asking this question for my brother that 's going on his first cruise is a month. (We've always put down a credit card for our S&S) He's going to put down cash for his S&S. What is the procedure? Do they put the cash down when they check in at the pier or do they need to go to the purser's desk when they board and put the money down? Also, if they have money left over at the end do they need to go to the purser's desk or will they have a check left at their room the last night with their statement?

Thanks for the help.

On the Fantasy class ships, the Captain's Cocktail party is held in the front lounge. On the Fantasy, they move a purser up to the photograph area on Deck 9 and you make your payment there. On other ships, you would see the purser onboard to make the payment. If there are monies left over, a check will be placed under the door. It can be cashed at the purser's desk in the morning.

Dave

On the Fantasy class ships, the Captain's Cocktail party is held in the front lounge. On the Fantasy, they move a purser up to the photograph area on Deck 9 and you make your payment there. On other ships, you would see the purser onboard to make the payment. If there are monies left over, a check will be placed under the door. It can be cashed at the purser's desk in the morning.

Dave

Thank you for the help.

One more question, do they have to cash the check at the purser's desk the next morning or would they be able to cash the check at their bank when they get back?

Anyone know about Destiny's captain cocktail party? I'm curious cuz I'll be attending this time!!!:D If I could only find it! lol!:p

Thanks for the help.

Pretty much like everyone else said: you give the money to the purser. We took our first cruise just this August and used a cash account. We didn't know how much we would need (or use) so we made an initial deposit and whenever we got low in our account, we just went and added to it. :) It was actually so simple I was surprised.

Happy sailing!!

Thank you for the help.

One more question, do they have to cash the check at the purser's desk the next morning or would they be able to cash the check at their bank when they get back?

They can deposit the check at their bank if they wanted to. Most people would rather cash it with the purser as it is right there.

Dave

On my 2006 Celebration cruise, we went to the purser's desk immediately after boarding (about noon) and put the cash down, no lines. We went back late on the last night to resolve the account and were given cash back for the remaining balance, no check. I was happy to have cash back, but it made me feel like I had not had enough DOD's or shopped nearly enough!! :rolleyes:

Just off the Fascination on the 19th, and one thing you must do at the Captain's Cocktail Party. Don't just settle for what they bring around on the trays! After accepting a whiskey sour, I asked if I can get a Planters Punch. The server returned with my request, and every time he came by, he had another one for me! This is one of those "secrets" most ppl don't know about, so take advantage of it!!:D

Archived