Another Newbie Here-Just came back from my first Cruise!

Tudor Rose74

Greetings! I'am new here and my husband and myself just took our first cruise earlier this month on board the Inspiration!!:) We just got back on the 17th of this month...my birthday! We scheduled our cruise to integrate with my birthday as well as our Anniversary. We had a wicked time throughout the cruise...but we also had a few problems with some of the port of calls...Grand Cayman was cancelled cause of the hurricane as well as Cozumel!!!:( Now I heard that Cozumel was not hit by the hurricane...I presume, unless I'am wrong and that our Captain on board did not want to mention the change to everyone on board.

However, though despite all of the little mixups...we still had a good time on our first Cruise.

Cozumel had a lot of rain but no hurricane. Reports are that Grand Cayman incurred damage to 73% of all of the structures on the island and still has some areas without power. All water is trucked (no natural springs or water sources) and the major water plants incurred serious damage as well. Grand Cayman has a major rebuilding to be done.

What ports replaced Grand Cayman and Cozumel or did you just have 2 extra days at sea?

Ohh I see now..on why "we" had to cancel Cozumel..I was not fully informed of ALL of the information regarding the cancellation of Cozumel...Carnival never mentioned any of this information to my husband before we left..only the information regarding Grand Cayman.

Thank you Walt for your information and updates about Cozumel.

Ok..the port of calls that were replaced were:

Progresso replaced Grand Cayman and Calica replaced Cozumel

Ports are cancel for various reasons the biggest one right now is damage by the hurricans that went through. Sometimes, tender ports are cancelled due to rough seas. Grand Cayman was one of the worst hit by the hurricanes, as above over 70% of that island was destroyed or damaged. Hatie is another one that lost over 2000 people. Princess Cays was damaged and so was Half Moon Cay but they are already going back to Half Moon Cay.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived