Football broadcast during our cruise..

mdxter

Hi Everyone,

From what i have read so far on this thread is that Carnival will not broadcast Monday night football (because it is on ESPN maybe???) but will air soccer instead. Please confirm my suspicions. The Saints are playing The Packers during my Thanksgiving Glory cruise :mad: . I guess i can live with missing that game.

But can anyone tell me if Carnival (specifically the Glory) will be broadcasting the major networks (CBS, ABC, and Fox) primetime college and pro games? LSU will be playing Arkansas the Friday after Thanksgiving on CBS and I will bummed if I cannot watch that game (revenge game for LSU). For me, there is nothing better than watching my favorite team while cruising the Caribbean.

Hi Everyone,

From what i have read so far on this thread is that Carnival will not broadcast Monday night football (because it is on ESPN maybe???) but will air soccer instead. Please confirm my suspicions. The Saints are playing The Packers during my Thanksgiving Glory cruise :mad: . I guess i can live with missing that game.

But can anyone tell me if Carnival (specifically the Glory) will be broadcasting the major networks (CBS, ABC, and Fox) primetime college and pro games? LSU will be playing Arkansas the Friday after Thanksgiving on CBS and I will bummed if I cannot watch that game (revenge game for LSU). For me, there is nothing better than watching my favorite team while cruising the Caribbean.

Hey Cajun, how is everything in New Orleans? Hope all is well. When we were on the Glory we saw the Steelers v Jaguars game on tv. Not sure about MNF, but if the ship can get the game they will show it. The sports bar showed football, golf and soccer, not just soccer. The ABC< NBC and CBS affiliates out of Denver do the broadcast so you will probably get a game from the midwest or far west. That's just a guess though. We are on the Destiny Oct 16th so I will try to let you knowe what kind of college game the sports bar shows. Geaux Tigers...LOL;)

Don't know if they'll show the Aints (from Atlanta go Falcons!) on your cruise. DW and I were on NCL and they did show the Superbowl. Kinda wierd because the broadcast was out of some Spanish speaking country so the play-by-play was in English (reverse SAP button?) but all the commercials were in Spanish.

Sorry for the round-about answer but I just commenting that were able to show NFL game.

Carnival ships carry the ESPN Deportes channel. This channel is in spanish and is marketed to Latin American nations as well as the spanish speaking community in the USA. I know of no official reason from Carnival as to why they carry this channel instead of ESPN but it seems reasonable to assume it is due to coverage. ESPN Deportes is beamed throughout the region Carnival ships sail, ESPN isn't.

ESPN Deportes does carry Monday Night Football. If a soccer game pre-empted an NFL game one Monday night it must have been a game of particular interest, perhaps a league championship or a tournament championship. At anyrate you can check the online TV listings for ESPN Deportes to verify what will be broadcast the Monday night you are at sea.

The Glory will have the Denver feeds of ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox in the cabins. (and sportsbar)

Therefore, on week 12 of the NFL season you will get....

The Saints and GB on ESPN International in the sportsbar on Monday Night. (it is the regular US announcers with all on screen graphics in Spanish)

You will get the Colts @ San Diego on the Denver feed of NBC on Sunday night in the sportsbar or your cabin.

The Broncos will be hosting the Raiders at 4PM, so that will be the only game on at 4PM on the Denver CBS station.

For the 1PM NFL games, just check the online TV Guide for Denver on Fox and CBS......

You will also get the Ten. at Det. game on CBS and the Sea. at Dal on Fox on Turkey day.

But you will NOT get the 8PM Ari. at Philly game on the NFL Network.

As for your LSU game.....

Again, check the online TV Guide for the Denver station that would be carrying that game. (CBS, ABC whatever)

Not sure how many other games are being played at the same time that day, but Denver usually shows games from teams near them rather than SEC, ACC on the Saturdays.....

Best of luck...

Hope they fix the TVs in the Glory's sportsbar before you go.

(they were terrible on our cruise last year)

Bill

Hey Cajun, how is everything in New Orleans? Hope all is well. When we were on the Glory we saw the Steelers v Jaguars game on tv. Not sure about MNF, but if the ship can get the game they will show it. The sports bar showed football, golf and soccer, not just soccer. The ABC< NBC and CBS affiliates out of Denver do the broadcast so you will probably get a game from the midwest or far west. That's just a guess though. We are on the Destiny Oct 16th so I will try to let you knowe what kind of college game the sports bar shows. Geaux Tigers...LOL;)

Thank goodness that neither of the storms (Gustav and Ike) did too much damage to N.O. Thanks for asking. We sailed the Destiny when she cruised the southern Caribbean out of San Juan and that has been our favorite cruise so far. The port of calls are awesome if it’s itinerary is the S Caribbean. Please update us of your trip when you get back.

Bguppies, thanks for the football schedule. I can now pack my Brees jersey for the cruise.

As you all know, football is our life down here in the south. I am confident that the LSU game is going to be on TV now since it will be a nationally televised game.

Now I can let the wife know that I will be going on the cruise after all. :)

Mdxter-I know how you feel about LSU-my hubby feels the same way about Alabama and we live in Tennessee. A Tide fan in Vol country.

My DIL is surprising her family for Christmas with a cruise leaving January 1st. She apparently didn't know that was the biggest day in college football. Somedays she is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I suggested she better let son know beforehand so he could decide if he wanted to go. He called and asked me if he could watch football on the ship and I said yes. They are going on the cruise.

On 3 of our Fantasy cruises either the Saints of Tigers have been playing and it's really is fun to watch the games with all the LA fans.

I am a Tiger fan (unless they are playing Alabama). I kind of like my DH and want to stay married so I have to pull for Alabama.

Mdxter-I know how you feel about LSU-my hubby feels the same way about Alabama and we live in Tennessee. A Tide fan in Vol country.

My DIL is surprising her family for Christmas with a cruise leaving January 1st. She apparently didn't know that was the biggest day in college football. Somedays she is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I suggested she better let son know beforehand so he could decide if he wanted to go. He called and asked me if he could watch football on the ship and I said yes. They are going on the cruise.

On 3 of our Fantasy cruises either the Saints of Tigers have been playing and it's really is fun to watch the games with all the LA fans.

I am a Tiger fan (unless they are playing Alabama). I kind of like my DH and want to stay married so I have to pull for Alabama.

We cannot wait until St Nick comes into Baton Rouge. In honesty, I am greatful to Saban for bringing LSU up to where we are today. I feel confident that he will bring Bama back to a national powerhouse (if not already). I LOVE college football (especially SEC). I root for all the SEC teams anytime they play against other conferences.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Everyone,

OK mdxter, we just got off the Destiny and here is how the weekend went, football wise...LOL On Saturday, the Colorado State game was on. On Sunday at 1pm the Bears v Vikings and the Bills v Chargers game was on. At 4pm the Colts V Packers was on in the sportsbar and on the big screen on the Lido Deck. At 8 PM, the Sunday night football game was supposed to be on the big screen but they put the Rays v Red Sox ALCS game on instead. The baseball game and the Tampa Bay Bucs game was on in the Sports bar. The sports bar also had a soccer game and an auto race on during the day. Hope this helps a little. At least there will be a game on where you will be able to see highlights. Have a great cruise.:D

Archived