How to get from St Thomas to San Juan

smoothsailor

Has anyone gone by boat to San Juan? I thought that there were ferries but I can only find one that goes everyother week on a Friday. We need to travel on Sunday Morn.

Any comments on the airlines that will fly one over? If the ferry is not possible we are looking at Capeair and Seabourn.

Smoothsailor

If you're stopping in St. Thomas on a cruise, you'll never make it to San Juan and back in time for your ship's departure on a ferry. The ferry ride is about 2 hours and drops you off at Fajardo, which is on the east coast -- then you still have about an hour's car ride to San Juan. That's a minimum 6 hour round trip.

There are frequent flights between San Juan and St. Thomas. The flight time is about 15-20 minutes, if I remember correctly. All you need to do is check a travel web site such as "E X P E D I A" or "Travel o city" for times and fares (have to type them like this or they get blipped out by CC :rolleyes: ).

Best bet is to just take a cruise that stops in San Juan. ;)

Thanks for the help.

We are staying for a week in St Thomas before our cruise and need to get over to San Juan on the Sunday to catch it ! We gave up on the ferry idea and have booked with Capeair - $127. I think that the prices have gone up with the fuel crisis.

Smoothsailor

Archived