Transportation to/from Port Canaveral

Gorilla579

I'm not sure if this is the right board to post this question, but here it goes anyway. We are cruising out of Port Canaveral next October with a group of about 20 people. We are staying the day before. What I'm wondering about is what will be the best way to get to the hotel. What are the pros/cons of renting multiple vehicles, taking taxis, or maybe a shuttle/minibus. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

First we need to know if you are flying into Orlando?

Second thing we need to know - are you planning on a pre cruise stay or are you flying in on the same day of the cruise?

If you are flying in on the day of the cruise, I would think you should take the transfers from the cruise line. If your group is all doing pre cruise hotel stay sounds like you might need mulitple vehicles as you must have lots of luggage.

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from Port Canaveral, We put nine people in a van. A little tight but still fit with all our luggage too. Budget is the easiest if you are flying into Orlando. The pick up is in the parking garage and drop off is about a mile form the pier. We paid $103. for the 12 pass. van to the Port and then $87 on the return. The shuttle service to and from the port to Budget is easy. We dropped everyone off at the ship and then I took the van to Budget. On return I left the ship 45 min. before the rest of my party and picked up the van and returned to pick everyone up. This also allows you to have a way to get around on your day before.

Steve

Art's Shuttle has a good reputation for MCO to Port Canaveral private transfers. He has many different sized vehicles. Please don't book with ACE Luxury Transportation; our agent booked them and all was fine on the outbound trip but they never showed up even after numerous phone calls to pick us up at the pier for the return trip.

Bon Voyage.

Archived