Toonjie - Please Help

chefchick

You have such great advice regarding Priceline I was hoping you could help me out.

I tried to book a resort room in san juan for 2 nights (12/25/- 12/27). Priceline stated the average price for a resort was $199 and I know its the prime holiday season so I started at $160 san juan resort only - not accepted. Then during re bid I added cabo rojo (170 - not accepted) Question - during re bid am I supposed to ADD a zone to san juan and bid slightly higher or REMOVE san juan and check the non resort zone and re bid? Do I ADD zones to san juan each time I re bid or remove the non accepted zone and try with another "non resort" zone? When I try again next time (tomorrow for example) do I start the process over again with higher bids? What do you think is a fair price for that time? Also, since we are talking Christmas day, will I be able to book a room on Priceline (do they exclude holidays)?

Hope this makes sense. It also looked like now they consider Ponce a resort zone so I didn't add that or Rio Grande.

Again, you have been so generous with your time on these boards. Thank you in advance.

Thanks! :) Hopefully we can help you too, but you are indeed going after prime time during the Christmas holiday. You need to keep San Juan as an area every bid and just add others each time except Rio-Grande-Humacao. Betterbidding still lists only a 2* in Ponce so you are still safe adding that one, but I suppose at some point they could add a resort to another area and someone will be the guinea pig. Each day I would come back down when you start bidding again and see what happens, then just increase your bids at a higher rate and see what happens. Good luck and keep us posted!

Archived