12/17 Santiago Arrival

NewCruiseFan

Sounds like we are on the same cruise, but we will be arriving 2 days earlier to Santago. We still have not made arrangements to get from the hotel to the ship. Probably will do it through the hotel unless something better comes along.

Sounds like we are on the same cruise, but we will be arriving 2 days earlier to Santago. We still have not made arrangements to get from the hotel to the ship. Probably will do it through the hotel unless something better comes along.
Upon closer reading, it appears that NewCruiseFan is not on Insignia but on NCL Crown. The Crown departs Valparaiso on Dec 19 and Insignia departs on Dec 17. So possibly NewCruiseFan is planning to spend a couple of nights in Valparaiso (but I'm not sure).

Upon closer reading, it appears that NewCruiseFan is not on Insignia but on NCL Crown. The Crown departs Valparaiso on Dec 19 and Insignia departs on Dec 17. So possibly NewCruiseFan is planning to spend a couple of nights in Valparaiso (but I'm not sure).

Sounds to me like "New Cruise" is arriving in Santiago and going directly to the ship - on the 17th which is the day of departure. We're on the same cruise, but arriving three days early (one day in advance of Digby) to spend some time in Santiago (and besides, that is how the business class air worked out). We always like to arrive a couple of days early to get over jet lag and, more importantly, to make sure we don't miss the boat! Looking forward to this great trip. Along with Digby, we'll be setting up a transfer from Santiago to the ship once we arrive - - probably with the hotel.

Rich

Yes, I am on the NCL 12/19 cruise, I am arriving in Santiago two days in advance of my own cruise. I had been chatting with one of the Oceania Insignia 12/17 cruisers who arrives the same day I do. We were talking about setting up a joint tour from the airport to Valpo - her to the docks and me to the hotel.

There were some complications with her trip and she suggested I post a note here as it was possible other Insignia cruisers might be up for going with me to Valpo from the airport by way of a winery and tour.

I am arriving at SCL at 9:45a and would love to find folks to share the journey with. It would be fun to have them be folks on my own cruise but as I appear to be the only one (joke - though no one on CC seems to be there) I am open to meeting others I'll wave goodbye to at the docks.

I currently have a tour set up that starts at the airport, goes through a bit of Santiago, to the Casablanca wine region for a tour and tasting at Veramonte then on to Valpo. The cost for me is $150 - the cost for the tour remains the same even if we have additional folks join - thus decreasing my own cost.

give me a "jingle" at jensenla99@yahoo.com if you're interested.

And, enjoy your own cruise!

Archived