Review of Pac.Sun N833 20th Sept...40th B'day cruise

chelle40

Friday...

I awoke this morning feeling fine which was surprising and I headed up for some breakfast leaving penne asleep. I found Lisa and we had some delicious french toast and a cuppa and then went to organise buying our photos from our time on the ship...headed back to the cabin and climbed into bed and slept through lunch woke up and went to the shops AGAIN...we found ourselves here all the time lol then we got our bingo tickets and some munchies, ran into trent who told us he had entered the talent show which was on after bingo so there was no way we were going to miss that. Bingo was packed as the big jackpot had to go off today and again we had heaps of fun but didnt win so I packed the dobbers up and delivered them to the pursers desk for their next cruise and then it was talent show time which was fantastic..some pople sang and there was a girl who did gymnastics who was great and then out came trent aka suga muma and he danced and owned the stage to chers "I believe"

penne and I were screaming and cheering and were a little biased I know but he was definately the best act there!! I managed to record some of it and I have it posted on my facebook page.

Then it was time to go and get ready for another formal night and our last dinner on the ship..it was sad to think about not seeing Big Al, Tutuk and the rest of Table 31 again and we had a great time at dinner that night joking, talking, exchanging emails and facebook details and taking lots of photos. When the waiters walked out carrying the flaming baked alaskas our tabled roared with cheers for Big Al , we were definately the loudest table he had ever waited on. Tonight dinner was probably the best experience over all our dinners with the flaming desserts and then the waving of napkins to recognise the great service we recieved. Lots of hugs and goodbyes and I will miss you were exchanged by all...and then it was time to leave and head off to the popstars final( during the cruise 2 people advanced to this final by competeing in Kareoke each night) and my 2 new friends Andrew and Mark had both made it.

Penne and Lisa headed off to bed still feeling a little sick so I headed off on my own to meet up with trent and crystal and their family to watch the show.The boys were fabulous and entertained the crowd with renditions of Uptown Girl and I Will Survive thast had the crowd clapping and cheering and laughing along. When it was all over I said my goodbyes to trent, crystal and the boys, exchanged facebook details and promised to keep in touch and then headed off to bed not really wanting to wake up back in Brisbane in the morning but instead wishing that the cruise would go longer...

Big Al responding to our cheers

n635845123_1323732_5511.jpg

bec and dan joining in the napkin swirling

n635845123_1323733_5901.jpg

n635845123_1323737_7426.jpg

this was our signature pose on the cruise and we would love to know how many times we appeared in other people pics doing this..we had so much fun

Saturday

we woke up early as our disembarkation time was 8.10am and headed up to the dining room for one last breakfast where we saw Tutuk one more time and exchanged some more hugs with him and told him to tell Big Al we miss him already and we also saw Kyle, carmen and Loree and got one last shot with them...go the peace fingers!!

n665188975_1373885_5004.jpg

then we went and emptied out our cabin and headed up to the meeting place for our group to disembark...I dont think anyone really wanted to go home yet but we all smiled and lined up and made our way through customs which was easier than expected and then all headed off on our way home and back to reality and our normal lives.

Lisa and I drove home to Grafton together and our kids and family were very excited to see us and hear all about our week at sea.

I had the absolute best week ever and I am so glad that I decided to do this cruise for my birthday as I have so many great memories that will last forever. I just want to say the biggest thankyou to all the CCrs on the cruise for making my birthday a great one I am grateful to you all and to all my new friends it was great to meet you and I cant imagine ever not knowing you and we will keep in touch regularly thanks to facebook :)

Cruising was so much fun and I think it has hooked me bigtime as I am already wanting to do another one. A friend is doing one for her 40th which isnt until 2012 so I will have to try and squeeze one in before that.

To everyone who reads my review thanks for doing it and I hope it brings back some fun memories for those who have cruised ..and also maybe inspires those who havent to give it a go!!

Thanks Michelle for doing the review, I loved reading through it and seeing all the pics, looks like it was great fun...I'd love one day to do what you did and go with some girlfriends.

Your children are gorgeous!

ALSO a quick question - the shoes the three of you have on in one photo seem to be dressy thong type shoes, did youhave any trouble with them in the dining room or were they a no no?

Thanks Michelle for doing the review, I loved reading through it and seeing all the pics, looks like it was great fun...I'd love one day to do what you did and go with some girlfriends.

Your children are gorgeous!

ALSO a quick question - the shoes the three of you have on in one photo seem to be dressy thong type shoes, did youhave any trouble with them in the dining room or were they a no no?

thankyou...and we had no trouble wearing the dressy thongs at the dining room or in the nightclubs at all

Hi Michelle,

What beautiful children you have!

thanks Glenda....Thalia so wishes she could have come on our cruise...I think she would have just fitted right in with Trent and Crystal and everyone and had a ball...oh well next time :)

Great review!

Getting online of late has been a royal pain in my ass! However will be heading home tomorrow so SHOULD have time over the weekend to start... however how am i ment to top this Michelle?? lol. Will do my best to keep it informative.

And you can tell Thalia i did feel for her... but the cocktails dulled the pain... so i got through it :p

Chelle how many formal nights was there on the 7 nights.

Kerri

we had 2 formal nights, one country and western and one island night themes...there was also a 70s night and a rock n roll night but no one seemed to dress up for these and it wasnt advertised in the daily paper like the others

Archived