Question about name changes

Lyndsay

For some reason, I when I booked our January 2009 cruise this past April, I booked it in my maiden name. I suppose that makes sense, we weren't married yet.

When it occurred to me that I would have to change it since my passport has changed, I contacted my TA who made the changes on their end. However, my reservation on RC's web site has NOT been updated. I contact my TA about 3 months ago about it.

I'm assuming this will be an issue, I'm just wondering if I should call my TA or RC to get it changed all the way through.

For some reason, I when I booked our January 2009 cruise this past April, I booked it in my maiden name. I suppose that makes sense, we weren't married yet.

When it occurred to me that I would have to change it since my passport has changed, I contacted my TA who made the changes on their end. However, my reservation on RC's web site has NOT been updated. I contact my TA about 3 months ago about it.

I'm assuming this will be an issue, I'm just wondering if I should call my TA or RC to get it changed all the way through.

Yes, you should definitely follow up on this... The name on your cruise documents (and on your reservation) should match whatever ID (passport, what have you) that you are using...

In my dealing with RCCL, the first question they ask is if you book through a TA then the response is you have to contact your TA. I suggest that you contact your TA until the change is made. You may want to call RCCL and ask them how long it takes to have the name change from the TA, Which should not take long at all. Never know you may get ahold of some one at RCCL that will change the name for you. All they can say is you need to contact you TA,

Have a great Cruise

Archived