Best 3 hr Catamaran to Swim w/Turtles

cruisin'sz

Which catamaran co is best for a short 3 hr turtle swim tour? I am traveling with 12 people, want something nice, reasonably priced and memorable. Any suggestions?

Also is it better to swim in a.m. or p.m. with turtles?

Thanks for your info.

Try Small Cats. You can charter the boat exclusively for your group of twelve. Don't know when you are arriving in Barbados but I am with a group of 8 that chartered this catamaran for December 09th. for about $56.00 per person including drinks, so if you are arriving after that date then we can report how it was.

Hi i am booking this excursion through Shoretrips.com they are a shore excursion company that uses small cats. The cost is $130.00 for me, my husband and 3 1/2 year old daughter. It is cheaper to book it through shoretrips.com. Call them and ask for the 3 hour trip on a small catamaran. I am booking it tomorrow for our jan 20th cruise. bye if you have any questions email me at FeliciaLindner@optonline.net. Our boat accomodates 12 but so far we are only a party of three and they will take us alone no problem but we are looking for more who want to join this tour.

bye

lvstocruise, I also booked through shoretrips for this excursion at $49 per adult. Wondering if you've done this particular excursion before and/or used shoretrips before? I've only read good things but I've read very little. I'm booked for 11/30 so I'll let you know how our trip was.

I am interested in the small group of twelve catamaran while visiting Barbados. We are in Barbados on Carnival Legend on Jan. 26. We do not port until noon and I have been unable to find excusions leaving around noon. Does anyone have any suggestions. Would it be best to see the island first and snorkel late in the afternoon? We port an noon and do not depart until 10PM. Any suggestions would be welcomed. We are a party of four adults(two couples).

Thanks,

Pittypat

I'm sure the shoretrips price is cheaper but I just wanted to clarify that our $56.23 per person is because we have the boat for our group of 8 exclusively and that includes drinks. It was $7.50 per person less without the drinks and another $7.50 more per person for food. We also get to choose when it leaves and when it comes back as well as where we all want to go.

Hi- We will be in Barbados for Thanksgiving and have booked the WHY Not catamaran for 13 of us directly through it's captain Ron. It is a 5 hour excursion with snorkeling w/turtles and another stop. We are paying $60pp and 30 for kids under 12. It includes lunch and open bar. You can reach web site at barbadosahoy.com/whynot2.htm. or e-mail Capt. Ron at captainron@sunbeach.net. I'll let everyone know how it was when we return.

Pittypat wrote:

I am interested in the small group of twelve catamaran while visiting Barbados. We are in Barbados on Carnival Legend on Jan. 26. We do not port until noon and I have been unable to find excusions leaving around noon. Does anyone have any suggestions. Would it be best to see the island first and snorkel late in the afternoon? We port an noon and do not depart until 10PM. Any suggestions would be welcomed. We are a party of four adults(two couples).

Thanks,

Pittypat

Hi Pittypat

I suggest snorkeling first as it is usually better earlier in the day. You can get a taxi to take you on a short island tour after, just agree on a price before hand or go to the Barbados Tourism Authority and they can set one up for you.

Thanks for your reply... Do you know of any small tours that leave after noon? That seems to be our problem. Most that I have found leave before noon or late afternoon and my thoughts were the same as yours to snorkle first and tour the island later.

Thanks,

Pittypat

Thanks for your reply... Do you know of any small tours that leave after noon? That seems to be our problem. Most that I have found leave before noon or late afternoon and my thoughts were the same as yours to snorkle first and tour the island later.

Thanks,

Pittypat

Hi Pittypat

Carnival Legend offers afternoon tours including a Kayak & Turtle Encounter, Swim with Turtle and shipwreck snorkel and a sail & snorkel catamaran tour, I believe they are all about 3 - 3 1/2 hours long so one of these might be a good option for you to do, then hire a taxi for an island tour. You can check out the tours offered by carnival on there web site.

Hi Pitty Pat,

If you wish to do a snorkeling tour with the sea turtles & shipwrecks & get back in time to take a cab to see a bit of the island, you only have one choice do it on a fast powerboat.Check out theis website www.thrilleradventures they do afternoon tours which is what you are looking for.

Went on their tour they use fast powerboats which get you to the snorkeling sites quickly & allows more time in the water.I think they take a maximum of just 16 passengers. We snorkeled with the sea turtles, also on 2 shallow shipwrecks & there was still time to stop at a beach of our choice. We choose Sandy Lane Beach the hotel where Tiger Woods got married earlier this year. Terrafic day on & in the water.

I have sent 2 e-mails to Thriller Adventures regarding the Swim with Turtles excursion and have not received a reply. I used the e-mail address listed on the link that was posted here. Has anyone else had difficulty getting a reply?

Does Captain Ron have a website to look at? I'd like to check in to that option also.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi- We will be in Barbados for Thanksgiving and have booked the WHY Not catamaran for 13 of us directly through it's captain Ron. It is a 5 hour excursion with snorkeling w/turtles and another stop. We are paying $60pp and 30 for kids under 12. It includes lunch and open bar. You can reach web site at barbadosahoy.com/whynot2.htm. or e-mail Capt. Ron at captainron@sunbeach.net. I'll let everyone know how it was when we return.

We are looking at this excursion. Could you tell ushow you liked your?

Archived