Rumrunners-- do they work or have you been sent to the naughty room?

moonlitmagik

So when you step through those things like they have at the airports that you walk through what are those, just metal detectors? I thought they xrayed your body for bombs or whatnot?

They are just metal detectors like at the airport. I have heard that keeping the flasks on your person works really well. Buy the smaller containers if that is what you are going to do. I have also heard of people tucking them into the small of their back.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Ok quick question here. Has anyone used one of those camelback backpacks that have the plastic bladder to sneak alcohol in? DH has one and wants to give that a try.

Perhaps someone has, but keep in mind, unless you check the backpack, you'll have to place it in the xray machine at check-in. If they see liquid, they may investigate further. It'll have less chance of being detected if you put a luggage tag on it and check it with your other bags. If it is detected, they'll keep the bladder, or the whole bag if it's attached, till the end of the cruise. You'll get it back.

Archived