Galveston

Mike45

All

I received this e-mail note from Galveston.com today

As Galveston Island continues its long road to recovery from Hurricane Ike, it's incredibly exciting for both citizens and would-be visitors to the Island to see tourism-related businesses begin to reopen.

Below is a listing of Galveston Island lodging facilities, restaurants, and bars/pubs. The lodging-related properties listed below have graciously provided inventory to Galveston.com, which can be booked online by clicking the links below, or via our toll-free number at (888)939-8680.

The restaurants and bars/pubs listed below are either open for business now, or will be some time between now and November 1, 2008. Additional hotels, motels, condos, and Bed & Breakfasts that may or not be accepting tourists can be found in the Galveston.com Lodging Guide.

Please check galveston.com for updates on Galveston Island's recovery efforts.

Lodging:

Restaurants:

Nightlife

I am booked at the Harbor House for my Dec 14 departure. Anyone know how she fared? Will she be open in December? Or should I look for another hotel?

They have information on their website.

BTW--has anyone heard about the big police bust at Club H2O? Seems the Galveston police raided a wedding party and it got out of hand and they starting busting everyone including a FEMA executive and a Houston Astros pitcher. I guess the police were frustrated with the long hours and they had done such a great job. Zero looting. Only mention as I saw Scubas post of businesses now open included H2O. Busting FEMA executives (who was only a witness) is not going to help in the recovery.

Archived