Best place to stay night before the cruise

BUSYGIRL

Does anyone know a good placed to stay the night before the cruise that would provide transportation to the ship?

Also, is there recommended transportation from the ship to the airport?

DD ( 3.5 years old) and I are planning a last minute get away and have never gone on a Disney Cruise. Any advice for first timers would be welcome.

Thanks

Last year when the family and I sailed we stayed at the Orlando Hyatt. The hotel is in the Orlando airport and has shuttle buses that will take you to the port. So once you get off your plane you don't have to leave the airport. It's all right there. If you stay at the Hyatt you need to make sure your luggage is out of your room in the hall in the morning with your DCL luggage tags so they can be picked up and taken to the ship for you. I was very impressed with the whole service we recieved at the hotel. Enjoy your cruise! Nobody does it like Disney.

Jeff

You might want to also consider staying at the Hyatt right at the airport and taking the DCL transfers on sailing day. It would be a lot less shuffling around. You access the Hyatt directly from an elevator in the the main terminal.

Does anyone know a good placed to stay the night before the cruise that would provide transportation to the ship?

Also, is there recommended transportation from the ship to the airport?

DD ( 3.5 years old) and I are planning a last minute get away and have never gone on a Disney Cruise. Any advice for first timers would be welcome.

Thanks

Disney Crusie line also has transportation to and from the ships from the airport and resorts and back. If you have already paid for your trip, up the Line and ask them about their scheduled ground service to the airport.I think there is a way to do it from DCL website, but since I dont have a cruise booked at the moment, I cant find that option.

disney will shuttle from the airport. We stay at the radisson at the port, they have a very cool waterfall pool and large suites. plus free transfer to the ship, they are right next to the courtyard.

Price them both out with your amenities. Happy cruising

Good Morning,

Am I understanding you correctly, if I fly in a day early, Disney transportation will take a preschooler and I to the pier the day early? And we can spend the night at the Radisson in Cocoa Beach?

We are flying in from Dallas a day early because you never know.... even on a nonstop. Last year, we booked the Disney transatlantic, the day of departure nonstop flight from Dallas at 6 am. TSA held us up 90 minutes -- two of the staff members failed to show up to work and we missed our flight and was not able to get rebooked any earlier than a 2 pm arrival, on the next available nonstop from Dallas..... If we had missed the flight -- we would have had to meet the ship in Spain, missing 11 days of our 14 day cruise! by the way, our luggage also met us in Spain, 11 days later!

I am an old grandmother who doesn't need that much "adventure" in my life; so we want to fly in Friday, a day early.

thanks for your advice!:)

To my knowledge they won't take you to the pier a day early. You could either stay at the Hyatt at the airport, or book a room at Disney World and use the free Disney's Magical Express to get there.

A lower cost option wold be to book a room in an airport area hotel that offers free shuttle service, go from the airport to the hotel, then back to the airport the next morning again to catch the Disney Cruiseline bus.

Good Morning,

Am I understanding you correctly, if I fly in a day early, Disney transportation will take a preschooler and I to the pier the day early? And we can spend the night at the Radisson in Cocoa Beach?

We are flying in from Dallas a day early because you never know.... even on a nonstop. Last year, we booked the Disney transatlantic, the day of departure nonstop flight from Dallas at 6 am. TSA held us up 90 minutes -- two of the staff members failed to show up to work and we missed our flight and was not able to get rebooked any earlier than a 2 pm arrival, on the next available nonstop from Dallas..... If we had missed the flight -- we would have had to meet the ship in Spain, missing 11 days of our 14 day cruise! by the way, our luggage also met us in Spain, 11 days later!

I am an old grandmother who doesn't need that much "adventure" in my life; so we want to fly in Friday, a day early.

thanks for your advice!:)

I found it less expensive to rent a car from enterprise and drive to the radisson and park it free during the cruise and then drive back. You may want to check out that option. Be sure your flight is late enough to allow you to go to the rental car drop off on the way back to the airport!!!

Archived