Mariner of the Seas - ???

avlski

Hi! I was wondering if anyone out there - if they have sailed on the Mariner of the Seas out of Port Canaveral...... I was on the Zaandam (HAL) and saw the Mariner parked beside us - and was IMPRESSED! Wow! Please let me know - if you would recommend this ship! Thanks, avlski :)

Avlski, We sailed the Mariner 9/26 out of P C and I can tell you it is better inside and onboard than looking at it from the docks.

There are threads on this board with pics from the inside of this fine vessel, so check them out and go ahead and get out there.

Mimgan

I was on the Mariner earlier this month. It was awesome. I would recommend the Mariner to anyone. You should give it a try. When our week was over we did not want to get off!

Lisa

I would reccomend it if you don't mind families and children as there were plenty. Personally, I loved it. If you are looking for a very quiet and sedate setting, this is not for you.

I would have to agree with that. I love the Voyager class ships. I have been on Explorer and Mariner. But if you really enjoyed the environment aboard HAL then I am not sure Mariner would be your best choice. There are quiet places to be found on Mariner but they will be limited.

If you could be more specific about what type of cruise environment you enjoy we could probably be more helpful to you.

We were on the 10/17 sailing of the Mariner and would have to disagree with the previous posters. The Mariner has 'many' quiet spots! Whether it be up on an open deck or quiet interior spaces. The Voyager class ships are large enough that they can accommadate the needs of everyone! I have 2 children myself which did not cruise with us this trip, but children were rarely seen. It all depends on the time of year you sail. And even then, the amount of children aboard any given ship can vary dramatically from week to week.

Archived