Age restrictions on excursions...

jesters

I have a 10 yr old who apparently is too young to do most excursions offered by RCCL in port. She has been parasailing and jet skiing a few times on the Disney cruises, but RCCL has the minimum age at 12.

Any suggestions? Do you book yourself and find vendors that have lower age restrictions? She is bummed now since she can't do these things (and more) that she has been able to do on other cruise lines.

We are booked on the Liberty of the Seas western caribbean cruise, but now I am reconsidering.....

Thanks!

That is one brave little chickie. :D

I personally did the jet skis on Coco Cay and Castaway Cay (both with RCCL and Disney) and I barely made it. :eek: You can read my report on the Disney one at my blog (link in my signature). I feared for my life....lol. ;)

Honestly, you can take a private tour that will allow her to get past the age minimums. Dirtgirl is right, go to the roll call threads.

Just be careful. I am always preaching at the family board that just because a private excursion allows it, doesn't mean you should always just jump in and do it. (Case in point, people are always asking if they can take a 3 year old or younger into the caves in Belize. Nope, not for me.)

But she is 11...and I am sure you have alot of common sense. :D

She can ride as a passenger on the jet ski's at Labadee. (minimum age 10). This is not a go at your own pace excursion - it's more of a follow the leader type. My DD (20+) and I were not particulary comfortable with the pace that was being set, so we lagged back a bit. She was driving and had never driven one before.

The water slide looked fun to me. Guess I am an overgrown kid at heart. I'd rather do something like that there than do the jetski excursion.

That is one brave little chickie. :D

I personally did the jet skis on Coco Cay and Castaway Cay (both with RCCL and Disney) and I barely made it. :eek: You can read my report on the Disney one at my blog (link in my signature). I feared for my life....lol. ;)

Honestly, you can take a private tour that will allow her to get past the age minimums. Dirtgirl is right, go to the roll call threads.

Just be careful. I am always preaching at the family board that just because a private excursion allows it, doesn't mean you should always just jump in and do it. (Case in point, people are always asking if they can take a 3 year old or younger into the caves in Belize. Nope, not for me.)

But she is 11...and I am sure you have alot of common sense. :D

It was a ship excursion, and she is one brave little chickie.;) She loves the rock wall, and has loved horseback riding, swimming with stingrays, climbing Dunn's River, ziplining, dog sledding - she's just like me! Which is great, because I love adventure, too. I know I would be frustrated if my kids were scared of these types of things.

It was a ship excursion, and she is one brave little chickie.;) She loves the rock wall, and has loved horseback riding, swimming with stingrays, climbing Dunn's River, ziplining, dog sledding - she's just like me! Which is great, because I love adventure, too. I know I would be frustrated if my kids were scared of these types of things.

I have one of those too. She is making me gray, early. :eek: ;)

Archived