Celebrity Mercury or Coral Princess

bicoastalbabe

We need to choose between the Coral Princess and the Celebrity Mercury for a 14 day Panama Canal cruise for this December. We have been sailing on HAL lately so are out of touch on others. Food is important to us and we prefer a large table at late seating. We usually take a plain cabin, inside or out. We are pretty stodgy and like slow dancing and less high energy entertainment like the comedians, magicians,etc. Thanks for the help.:)

progress.gifedit.gif

I would recommend both... they are great size ships... however, I do think the Mercury is more "classic" in style as a ship. Also, I would give X an edge in food and classic music/ dancing.

The one thing I would recommend is a balcony... when you sail the canal you are there very early and can get a view of the locks via the balcony... so splurge if you can ...it makes the trip:p

Curiouscat

We need to choose between the Coral Princess and the Celebrity Mercury for a 14 day Panama Canal cruise for this December. We have been sailing on HAL lately so are out of touch on others. Food is important to us and we prefer a large table at late seating. We usually take a plain cabin, inside or out. We are pretty stodgy and like slow dancing and less high energy entertainment like the comedians, magicians,etc. Thanks for the help.:)

progress.gifedit.gif

COME JOIN US

WE ARE BOOKED ON THE MERCURY DECEMBER 5th FT LAUDERDALE TO SAN DIEGO DECEMBER AD HAVE A NICE ROOL CALL STARTED

MY WIFE AND I LOVE THE MERCURY THIS WILL BE OUR 3RD TIME TO SALE ON HER MEXICAN RIVIERA JANUARY 2007 / AUSTERALIA-NEW ZEALAND JANUARY 2008

WE FIND THE SHIP TO BE JUST THE WRIGHT SIZE AND VARY EASY TO NAVAGATE (SHE IS NOT REAL GLITZY) THE FOOF WAS GOOD AND THE SERVICE WAS EXELANT ALSO THE SHOES WHERE GOOD

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

We were on the Mercury in Aug 2007 and have joined the legions of Mercury fans. However I confess we are doing the Panama in Jan on the Coral. Why, we decided that we should get going on one loyality program or another and have choosen Princess only because we have trouble rationalizing the priceing on some of Celebrity's itineraries. We still prefer the food and service on Celebrity.

Archived