fridge/mini bar?

Hi

we are going on the celebration next year! could any one tell us if standard cabins have mini bar/fridge in them?? hubby is diabetic need to keep insulin in a fridge!! or is it worth our while to upgrade to delux? (do they have them in this cabin)

many thanks

• 5 weeks later...

We had one in the Suite we had but really dont know about other cabins. It is a lot mkore to upgrade just for a fridge but , can you not ask in advance if somehow, refridgeration cannot be made available to you in someway eg; through the doctor?

Hi Mercedes,

You don't actually need a fridge to keep you hubby's insulin cool! Have a look at this website www.genmedical.com. They sell something called a Frio Insulin Cooler, which is activated by water only, (apparently doesn't even need electricity). It meets BSA standards and there are varying sizes according to insulin delivery pen types etc. Cost is around £12 -£17, depending on type purchased.

I have no personal experience of the Frio cooler, but I know a lot of my patients do use it on holiday and they seem very happy with it. Failing that, I am sure the Ship's Doctor will have had many past requests to store insulin in his fridge, and will be happy to do so for your husband.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Bella36.

Archived